Re: [genchatfriends] New Books

  • Patricia ODriscoll
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hi,
      To be honest, I have been able, through family members, to trace my own family back to 1646 and beyond.  I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who has relatives in or from Ireland.
      Looking forward to hearing from you.
      Regards
      Patrica

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
        >Hi Patricia,

        I am glad to have all the help I can get with my Ireland research. My ancestor was George THURSBY b 1829 Dromore, Down, Ireland. I would like to find his parents names and any other information. His wife was Mary CUMMINGS b 1829 Granraphy, Down, Ireland. They both died in Stranraer, Scotland.

        Any help is greatly appreciated.

        Lauren

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
          Hi,

          I've got an immigrant, John Rabbitts, who was born in Ireland.  (He was my paternal great-grandfather.)  He married the daughter of an Irish immigrants.  Riley is that surname.  Great-grandmother's name was Sarah Riley and she was born in Missouri.  I have no clue as to what her parentss first names were.  I'm told it's possible the Rabbitts came from Galway Bay, Ireland.

          Any help you can give is much appreciated.

          ~april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

          ________________________________

          ____________ _________ _________ __
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
            Hi April
            I think that if you type in Galwaycoco.ie, you will find a link to the genealogical office.  You could give the names and being a paternal great-grandfather you could estimate in accordance with your age, the approximate age of the personal records you require.
            Sorry I cannot be of any further help, but unless I have dates, I cannot be of any other service.  If you have the approximate dates, you could contact also the church of Latter Day saints, as they have records going back, hundreds of years, and they might be a better bet than the Galway County Council.
            Good luck in your searches.
            Regards
            Patricia

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
              Hi Lauren
              I think that if you type in your browser Down County Council you will find a link to the genealogical office.  You could give the names and being a paternal great-grandfather you could estimate in accordance with your age, the approximate age of the personal records you require.
              Sorry I cannot be of any further help, but unless I have dates, I cannot be of any other service.  If you have the approximate dates, you could contact also the church of Latter Day saints, as they have records going back, hundreds of years, and they might be a better bet than the Downw County Council.
              Good luck in your searches.
              Regards
              Patricia

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
                Hi April
                I think that if you type in your browser whatever County Council in Ireland, you will find a link to the genealogical office.  You could give the names and being a great or great-grandparent you could estimate in accordance with your age, the approximate age of the personal records you require.
                Sorry I cannot be of any further help, but unless I have dates, I cannot be of any other service.  If you have the approximate dates, you could contact also the church of Latter Day saints, as they have records going back, hundreds of years, and they might be a better bet than the  County Council.
                Good luck in your searches.
                Regards
                Patricia

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009