Damaged photos

  • Sian Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi, I've been looking for photo restorers on the net, I have a lot of
      work to be done and they all seem a bit too expensive. This is the
      best one I found, does anyone know anything about them?
      http://thephotorestorer.co.uk

      Thanks, Sian
    • David Gawthorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
        Just had a look at that site and think the prices seem very expensive. I bought a HP all in one scanner/copier and cost about $A30 and it does a great job with the included software on "fixing up" old photos. Surely that would be a cheaper alternative rather than getting outside help except for very poor quality old photos?

        One of the old photos I scanned was a round image about 2 inches wide. I set the scanner on about 1500 dots per inch (normal is 200) and was amazed at the clarity of the image. We really thought the image was of a younger woman, but the scanned image showed all the wrinkles of an 80 year old.
      • Lauren Issel
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
          some programs for fixing photos can be intimidating but all have tutorials to help you through it and HP has free classes online

          Lauren