my polish ancestors

  • jomypa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      I am at a loss to find my ggrandparents information where they lived in Lomza, Poland. Also, I will be going to Austria in June does anyone have any ideas on how I might benefit my research there?

    • Synaptic Freak
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        My family is from that area as well ....Depending on the dates and how many times the boarders have changed over the years, start looking into Prussia and/or Austro Hungarian Empire.....Before poland existed the area was called Prussia....Look up the history of Prussia and you will see what im talking about....
        http://www.kolpack.com/packnet/prussia.html

        Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
        Music Page:
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

        Personal Profile Page:
        http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

        Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia