Best website to post unknown photos?

  • Stacey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
      Does anyone know a good website to post unknown photos? I have a photo
      and I believe it will open a ton of doors to my family tree however, I
      have no idea who it is in the photo except a first name and the place
      in Germany where it was taken. I was thinking about Deadfred.com but I
      didn't know if there was a better site out there or not. I would
      appreciate any help.

      Thanks,
      Stacey
    • Janie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
        Post it there and anywhere else that comes up. Good Luck. I am searching for
        old family photos now

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2009
          The first thing that came to mind for me was deadfred.com also.  However, there is another one called ancientfaces.com which is a community of sharing photo's for genealogists.  Perhaps you will like this one.  It is free.

          Mary

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
            I have two picture websites that might work for you. The first one
            is www.picsadilly.com for identified photos. They are sorted by
            surname albums. The second which seems to apply to you is
            www.hometownvistas.com and that is for town scenes and unindentified
            photos that have a photographers mark. If either can be of use to
            you then you just have to email me a scan of the picture. If you
            want to put a contact email under the picture just let me know what
            email you wish to use. Contact me through my email addy above.

            Adrian

            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Mary Hellman
            <mjhellman@...> wrote:

            > The first thing that came to mind for me was deadfred.com also.
            However, there is another one called ancientfaces.com which is a
            community of sharing photo's for genealogists.  Perhaps you will
            like this one.  It is free.

            > Mary
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Gale Nash
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
              How about posting it on rootsweb on the board for the locations you are
              researching? I posted a picture of an unknown on the county webpage and it
              was identified and hooked me up with other researchers.

              Gale

            • eggieh@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
                you can also try ancientfaces.com.