Re: [genchatfriends] New here

  • snickerflix
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 23, 2008
      Hello, I'm new here, although I've been reading the threads for a couple
      of weeks now, but I haven't written anything. My lines are Hubert,
      Stettler, Felten, Moll, Sullivan and Siebert. My Huberts say they are
      from Alsace/Lorraine France. When you look at a map, Alsace is a
      "county" and Lorraine is a "county". They say that my great grandma and
      grandpa "met on the island in Alsace/Lorraine France". What that's
      supposed to mean, no one is really sure. Maybe I can get some clues
      here.

      Marilyn

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "annystokes"
      <annystokes@...> wrote:

      > Tammy,
      >
      > My husband's side of the family is connected with the Herbert Hoover
      line of Hoover. I think the family crest has "Huber" on it ??? His
      grandmother did a lot of genealogical research -- catalogued it all. My
      sister-in-law has it. If you'd like me to run some names by her, I'd be
      happy to do so. Contact me offline.