Re:My Hulin brick wall

  • VM
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 13, 2008
      Do you have any other information? Where they were married? Birthdates? Might make it easier to try and find something with a bit more to go on...

    • risky impulses
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 14, 2008
        I reget to say that this is all I have. Sinking Creek or Salem MO. County of Dent

        James Richey about 1853 mo.
        married to Hannah born about 1855 Ohio maiden name unknown
        (children that I can find)
        1st child of james & hannah
        John Solomon Ritchey about 1877 Mo. (my ggrandfather)
        married Lula Belle Warfel , in Mo. 3 children
        1.unknown
        2.Nellie about 1903 Mo.
        3. Lawrence James Sept,  1904 MO.
        John & Lula divorced in 1917, Lula died 1918
        John S remarried Blanche King 1918 Mo.

        2nd child of james & hannah
        Charlotte C. born Jan 1884 Mo.

        3rd child of James
        Othing born oct 1886 MO.

        4th child of james & hannah
        Theodotia Born Feb 1890 Mo.

        5th child of james
        Edith born July 1893 Mo.
        Do you have any other information? Where they were married? Birthdates? Might
        make it easier to try and find something with a bit more to go on...

      • Tom Knox
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 15, 2008
          1880 Sinking, Dent, Missouri
          Richey, James/27:MO/farmer, Hannah/24:OH, John/3:MO

          Name: John S Ritchey
          City: Salem, Dent, Missouri
          Birth Date: 9 Feb 1876
          Occupation: Teamster
          Nearest Relative: Lawrence Ritchey

          1900 Franklin, Dent, Missouri
          Ritchey, Hannah, head 43 widow born Mar 1855 OH:OH:OH
          (), Charlottie C, dau 16 born Jan 1884 MO:MO:OH
          (), Otting, son 13 born Oct 1886 MO:MO:OH
          (), Theadotia, dau 10 born Feb 1890 MO:MO:OH
          (), Edith M, dau 7 born July 1893 MO:MO:OH

          - Tom Knox IBSSG

          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, risky impulses
          <risky_impulses@...> wrote:

          > I reget to say that this is all I have. Sinking Creek or Salem MO.
          County of Dent

          > James Richey about 1853 mo.
          > married to Hannah born about 1855 Ohio maiden name unknown
          > (children that I can find)
          > 1st child of james & hannah
          > John Solomon Ritchey about 1877 Mo. (my ggrandfather)
          > married Lula Belle Warfel , in Mo. 3 children
          > 1.unknown
          > 2.Nellie about 1903 Mo.
          > 3. Lawrence James Sept,  1904 MO.
          > John & Lula divorced in 1917, Lula died 1918
          > John S remarried Blanche King 1918 Mo.
          >
          > 2nd child of james & hannah
          > Charlotte C. born Jan 1884 Mo.
          >
          > 3rd child of James
          > Othing born oct 1886 MO.
          >
          > 4th child of james & hannah
          > Theodotia Born Feb 1890 Mo.
          >
          > 5th child of james
          > Edith born July 1893 Mo.
        • Tom Knox
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008
            Hi Wanda -

            "OMG where did you find this?"

            LOL! I *LOVE* getting that kind of reaction . . .

            I have a subscription to Ancestry.com, although you can find the 1880
            census free at http://www.FamilySearch.org

            1910 Salem Ward 1, Dent, MO
            Ritchey, Soloman J, head 32 married.2 11 yrs born MO:MO:OH
            (), Lula B, wife 33 married.1 11 yrs born MO:MO:PA
            (), Nellie/8, Lawrence/4
            (), Hannah, mother 56 widow born OH:OH:OH

            Is there a Jana JOHNSON (b.ca.1851) in the family tree?
            1920 Spring Creek, Dent, Missouri
            Johnson, Jana, head 69 widow born PA:PA:PA
            Ritchie, Lawrence, grandson 15 born MO:MO:MO

            - Tom Knox IBSSG "Bloodhound"

            > OMG where did you find this ? I have been searching for 2 yrs
            trying to find info on this family, do you have anymore info ? this
            is my ggrandfather

            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Knox"
            <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

            > 1880 Sinking, Dent, Missouri
            > Richey, James/27:MO/farmer, Hannah/24:OH, John/3:MO
            >
            > World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
            > Name: John S Ritchey
            > City: Salem, Dent, Missouri
            > Birth Date: 9 Feb 1876
            > Occupation: Teamster
            > Nearest Relative: Lawrence Ritchey
            >
            > 1900 Franklin, Dent, Missouri
            > Ritchey, Hannah, head 43 widow born Mar 1855 OH:OH:OH
            > (), Charlottie C, dau 16 born Jan 1884 MO:MO:OH
            > (), Otting, son 13 born Oct 1886 MO:MO:OH
            > (), Theadotia, dau 10 born Feb 1890 MO:MO:OH
            > (), Edith M, dau 7 born July 1893 MO:MO:OH
            >
            > - Tom Knox IBSSG
            >

            > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, risky impulses
            > <risky_impulses@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I reget to say that this is all I have.
            > > Sinking Creek or Salem MO. County of Dent
            > >
            > > James Richey about 1853 mo.
            > > married to Hannah born about 1855 Ohio maiden name unknown
            > > (children that I can find)
            > > 1st child of james & hannah
            > > John Solomon Ritchey about 1877 Mo. (my ggrandfather)
            > > married Lula Belle Warfel , in Mo. 3 children
            > > 1.unknown
            > > 2.Nellie about 1903 Mo.
            > > 3. Lawrence James Sept, 1904 MO.
            > > John & Lula divorced in 1917, Lula died 1918
            > > John S remarried Blanche King 1918 Mo.

          • gniewczyk
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008
              Actually, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints genealogical
              websites are growing in number of resources. You can even add you own
              databases to their collection and help them with projects. Their goal
              is to have all their 2,000,000+ rolls of film searchable and digitized.
              Say Bye-Bye to genealogy searches you have to pay for.

              Check out https://www.familysearchindexing.org/ if your interested in
              helping out.

              Dave

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2008
                Yes Yes Yes ! Jana also known as Jane Johnson was Lula Belle's Mother , Lula is Lawrence's Mother, and Lawrence is my Grandfather.
                Thank you , Thank You , Thank you so much :) :)
                Now if I could only figure out where John Soloman Ritchey went after 1918 with is new Bride Blanche (King) Ritchey. I may have cousins out there that I never knew :)

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2008
                  Missouri Death Certificates, 1910 – 1957
                  Lula Belle Ritchey died August 16, 1918 Dent County
                  certificate # 26075
                  (gives names of parents, cause of death, date of birth)
                  *** has an image of her death certificate! ***
                  Missouri State Archives
                  http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

                  Dent County, MOGenWeb Project
                  http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~modent/index.html

                  I took a look at 1920+1930 but didn't find anyone that
                  looked like John Solomon Ritchey (b.1876 MO) or
                  Blanche (King) Ritchey (b. unknown)