Hello, new to the group

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hi, I am so excited to have found this group. I am new to the genealogy bug and absolutely love it. I'm from New Hampshire and I am working on a tree for my son. I want to check out all the links and info here first, but I'll tell you that the surname I am working on is Moulton. I am trying to connect my family to a general Jonathan Moulton from Hampton New Hampshire. Anyway, looking forward to learning all about how to research and other aspects of genealogy. Thanks for letting me join. Carol

    • James
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2008
        Hi Carol
        Welcome and good luck with your hunt.
        Familysearch.org is a good free site to go. There are also web sites
        created by families. Put a surname name in Google or the like.
        Here is the url:

        http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

        They have sections on how to start and other links. There are also
        free sheets/charts you can download.

        I live in Mass and have a Moulton in my genealogy. I don't think she
        is in my direct line. but she did marry a Barrus. I go back to
        Plymouth and beyond.

        I am posting or trying to post a list of some of my surnames

        Jim Barrus

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2008
          Hi Jim, nice to meet you. Thanks for the info. I'm still learning all the
          ropes. I'd be interested in how your search comes along. ty carol b.