Hello and one of my brick walls - Thomas O Wilson b 1798 KY - d 1883 IN

  • Elise Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2008
      Hello, I'm new to the list...This is one of my brick walls on my
      hubby's side.

      Thomas O Wilson (the O is possibly for Otto, but not sure)

      born Mar 10, 1798, Bardstown, Nelson, KY...his parents had moved to
      KY from VA several years earlier, but don't know where in VA. He was
      born too early to have a birth certificate in Ky. Not sure what
      church to have look for christening records.

      First wife was Rhoda Booth married 8/1818 (have a copy of the
      marriage bond already) in Bourbon, CO, KY (have a bunch of land
      records for him there)

      He moved to Morgan Co IN by about 1820 or so. Had a bunch of kids
      with Rhoda and after she died not too long after childbirth, married
      Orpha Truax. (have her daddy's will, as well)Had a bunch of kids with
      her, as well

      15 total kids between the two wives.

      Not too long before he died (3 years or so) He married 3rd wife Agnes
      Everman

      Died May 25, 1883 in Morgan Co, IN--a year or so too soon to have an
      official death certificate.

      Where I'm stuck is HIS parents. Census for those years when he was
      young only list head of household.

      So that's where I'm at folks...

      Thanks in advance for any help

      Elise Burnside Wilson
    • ladyquadressus
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hello Elise, Well I don't know if I will be of much help to you.
        However, Below is the link to my Wilson line which might be of some
        help to you and also I live in Morgan County Indiana, So I can go to
        the Genealogy Library here in town for you this week and see what I
        can find here in their Wilson Family tree file. I will write your info
        down for your and give you a heads up if I find anything *HUGS* Melody
        Byard

        Wilson Line

        http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=ladyquadressus&recno=3479

        > Hello, I'm new to the list...This is one of my brick walls on my
        > hubby's side.
        >
        > Thomas O Wilson (the O is possibly for Otto, but not sure)
        >
        > born Mar 10, 1798, Bardstown, Nelson, KY...his parents had moved to
        > KY from VA several years earlier, but don't know where in VA. He was
        > born too early to have a birth certificate in Ky. Not sure what
        > church to have look for christening records.
        >
        > First wife was Rhoda Booth married 8/1818 (have a copy of the
        > marriage bond already) in Bourbon, CO, KY (have a bunch of land
        > records for him there)
        >
        > He moved to Morgan Co IN by about 1820 or so. Had a bunch of kids
        > with Rhoda and after she died not too long after childbirth, married
        > Orpha Truax. (have her daddy's will, as well)Had a bunch of kids with
        > her, as well
        >
        > 15 total kids between the two wives.
        >
        > Not too long before he died (3 years or so) He married 3rd wife Agnes
        > Everman
        >
        > Died May 25, 1883 in Morgan Co, IN--a year or so too soon to have an
        > official death certificate.
        >
        > Where I'm stuck is HIS parents. Census for those years when he was
        > young only list head of household.
        >
        > So that's where I'm at folks...
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help
        >
        > Elise Burnside Wilson

      • Elise Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
          Wow--If you're going to be there...about the only thing I don't have from
          there is a copy of the obit. I think it ran on the 13 Sep 1883 in the
          Martinsville Republican (Morgan CoIN newspaper)
          In Memoriam- Thomas O Wilson was born in Kentucky 10 Mar 1798 and died 25
          Mar 1883. He was married to 3 wives. By the first two, he was the father of
          16 children.
          (I'm trying to find a copy of this complete obit.)

          Not sure why it took till Sept for an obit.

          That said...I don't know if there was a will for him and I don't know what
          happened to all his land. I can send you all the land records...off list, if
          you want.

          Elise

          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
          Hello Elise, Well I don't know if I will be of much help to you.
          However, Below is the link to my Wilson line which might be of some
          help to you and also I live in Morgan County Indiana, So I can go to
          the Genealogy Library here in town for you this week and see what I
          can find here in their Wilson Family tree file. I will write your info
          down for your and give you a heads up if I find anything *HUGS* Melody
          Byard

          Wilson Line

          http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm
          cgi?op=SHOW&db=ladyquadressus&recno=3479

          > Hello, I'm new to the list...This is one of my brick walls on my
          > hubby's side.
          >
          > Thomas O Wilson (the O is possibly for Otto, but not sure)
          >
          > born Mar 10, 1798, Bardstown, Nelson, KY...his parents had moved to
          > KY from VA several years earlier, but don't know where in VA. He was
          > born too early to have a birth certificate in Ky. Not sure what
          > church to have look for christening records.
          >
          > First wife was Rhoda Booth married 8/1818 (have a copy of the
          > marriage bond already) in Bourbon, CO, KY (have a bunch of land
          > records for him there)
          >
          > He moved to Morgan Co IN by about 1820 or so. Had a bunch of kids
          > with Rhoda and after she died not too long after childbirth, married
          > Orpha Truax. (have her daddy's will, as well)Had a bunch of kids with
          > her, as well
          >
          > 15 total kids between the two wives.
          >
          > Not too long before he died (3 years or so) He married 3rd wife Agnes
          > Everman
          >
          > Died May 25, 1883 in Morgan Co, IN--a year or so too soon to have an
          > official death certificate.
          >
          > Where I'm stuck is HIS parents. Census for those years when he was
          > young only list head of household.
          >
          > So that's where I'm at folks...
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help
          >
          > Elise Burnside Wilson

        • ladyquadressus
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
            Afternoon Elise, I will see what I can find for you tomorrow
            afternoon. I will check the health department here for his Death
            record also because Indiana began keeping them in 1882. So I will
            double check the health department for you while I am at it and I will
            check the court house for you also. So look to hear back from me
            either Thursday or Saturday by the latest. If I find anything for you
            I will let you know so you can e-mail me your home addy off list and I
            will be more then happy to send everything I found for you *HUGS* Melody