Re: Charles & Charlotte Bradley (VT)

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7 7:11 AM
      > 1910 Poultney, Rutland, Vermont
      > Decker?, Albert, head 30 married.1 7 yrs born NY:NY:NY Farm
      > (), Annetta, wife 32 married.2 7 yrs born NY:VT:VT
      > (), Richard/son/5, Alfred/son/3, James/son/1+6m, Paul/son/3m
      > Bradley, Hattie/stepdau/15, Charles/stepson/13,
      > (), Mary/stepdau/10, Harry/stepson/9, Nettie/stepdau/7
      >
      > 1900 Moriah, Essex, New York
      > Bradley, William C, head 30 marr. 7 yrs born May 1870 NY:Can:NY
      > (), Nettie A, wife 22 marr. 7 yrs born Jun 1877 VT:NY:VT
      > (), Hattie E/5,Charles A/3,Mary E/9m
      > ?Decker, Albert D, boarder 21 single born Jan 1879 NY:NY:NY
      > Bradley, Robert A, brother 17 single born May 1883 NY:Can:NY

      Brenda -
      Just to make sure that I've got it right - The "Anetta/Nettie
      Cook/Cooke" that we're talking about is the woman who married (1)
      William Bradley and (2) Albert Decker, yes?

      1920 Rutland, Rutland, VT - quick transcript
      Decker, Albert/40:NY:NY:NY, Mattie/43:NY:NY:VT,
      (), Alferd/13, James/12, Paul/10

      1930 Rutland, Rutland, VT - quick transcript
      Decker, Albert/51:NY:NY:NY, Nettie:52:NY:VT:VT,
      (), James/21, Paul/20, Dorothy/9

      > 1920 Rutland, Rutland, Vermont
      > Bradley, Charles A, head 23 married born VT:VT:VT
      > (), Charlotte M, wife 18 married born VT:VT:VT
      > (), Charles, son 2m born VT:VT:VT

      I did not find a CHARL* BLOS*M born 1902+/-2 VT;
      I did find "Bula Blossom" age 7 in 1910 -
      1910 Rutland, Rutland, Vermont - quick transcript
      Blossom, J H/38:VT:VT:VT, Eliza/44:VT:VT:VT,
      (), Bula/7, Bertha/5, Mary/4, Rutha/3m, George C/2
      NOTE: widow Eliza age 52 is in 1920 Rutland.
      QUESTION: is Charlotte Bradley (nee Blossom) (age 18 in 1920)
      the same person as Bula Blossom (age 7 in 1910) ?

      Do you have any other information on the Blossom family?

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Brendalee"
      <freebird38_2000@...> wrote:

      > --Hi Tom Thanks so much for the info yes this is my family
      > sorry it took so long geting back My pc was down
      > Im still having trouble find any parents for nettie I found
      out
      > her givin name was annetta Cook or cooke but can not find any
      > parents for her I was told by my Aunt that she was full blooded
      > Indian.any info would be great thanks Brenda

    • Brendalee
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8 7:19 AM
        Hi Tom thanks for all your help .yes this is the right netti she was
        married to william first then she took off with albert decker and
        went to vermont and they had the kids there .robert bradley died in
        1903 in fort ti. ny he killed him self with paais green poison for
        he would'nt have to go to jail for highway in late 1902.
        I have all the Blssom family in my thee on ancestry .com the ones i
        am haveing trouble with are the bradley's I can only go back so far
        then they are from england and ireland,but finding and info on
        nettie is relly hard the does not seem to be any other records of
        her or her family i know she had family in puntney vt and that
        about all i have .
        if you want you can ck out my tree on ancestry.com its the Bradley
        family tree owner freebird382000. that way you could see what i
        have .
        thanks again for all your help

        Brenda

        In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Knox"
        <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > > 1910 Poultney, Rutland, Vermont
        > > Decker?, Albert, head 30 married.1 7 yrs born NY:NY:NY Farm
        > > (), Annetta, wife 32 married.2 7 yrs born NY:VT:VT
        > > (), Richard/son/5, Alfred/son/3, James/son/1+6m, Paul/son/3m
        > > Bradley, Hattie/stepdau/15, Charles/stepson/13,
        > > (), Mary/stepdau/10, Harry/stepson/9, Nettie/stepdau/7
        > >
        > > 1900 Moriah, Essex, New York
        > > Bradley, William C, head 30 marr. 7 yrs born May 1870 NY:Can:NY
        > > (), Nettie A, wife 22 marr. 7 yrs born Jun 1877 VT:NY:VT
        > > (), Hattie E/5,Charles A/3,Mary E/9m
        > > ?Decker, Albert D, boarder 21 single born Jan 1879 NY:NY:NY
        > > Bradley, Robert A, brother 17 single born May 1883 NY:Can:NY
        >
        > Brenda -
        > Just to make sure that I've got it right - The "Anetta/Nettie
        > Cook/Cooke" that we're talking about is the woman who married (1)
        > William Bradley and (2) Albert Decker, yes?
        >
        > 1920 Rutland, Rutland, VT - quick transcript
        > Decker, Albert/40:NY:NY:NY, Mattie/43:NY:NY:VT,
        > (), Alferd/13, James/12, Paul/10
        >
        > 1930 Rutland, Rutland, VT - quick transcript
        > Decker, Albert/51:NY:NY:NY, Nettie:52:NY:VT:VT,
        > (), James/21, Paul/20, Dorothy/9
        >
        > > 1920 Rutland, Rutland, Vermont
        > > Bradley, Charles A, head 23 married born VT:VT:VT
        > > (), Charlotte M, wife 18 married born VT:VT:VT
        > > (), Charles, son 2m born VT:VT:VT
        >
        > I did not find a CHARL* BLOS*M born 1902+/-2 VT;
        > I did find "Bula Blossom" age 7 in 1910 -
        > 1910 Rutland, Rutland, Vermont - quick transcript
        > Blossom, J H/38:VT:VT:VT, Eliza/44:VT:VT:VT,
        > (), Bula/7, Bertha/5, Mary/4, Rutha/3m, George C/2
        > NOTE: widow Eliza age 52 is in 1920 Rutland.
        > QUESTION: is Charlotte Bradley (nee Blossom) (age 18 in 1920)
        > the same person as Bula Blossom (age 7 in 1910) ?
        >
        > Do you have any other information on the Blossom family?
        >
        > - Tom Knox IBSSG
        >

        > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Brendalee"
        > <freebird38_2000@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --Hi Tom Thanks so much for the info yes this is my family
        > > sorry it took so long geting back My pc was down
        > > Im still having trouble find any parents for nettie I found
        > out
        > > her givin name was annetta Cook or cooke but can not find
        any
        > > parents for her I was told by my Aunt that she was full
        blooded
        > > Indian.any info would be great thanks Brenda

      • Stacey
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 12 10:57 AM
          I know you posted you still need info on Nettie Cook/e so I thought
          I'd search around for you.

          Could this be Albert Decker with his parents?
          1880 NY;Essex;West Port SD#7; ED#625; Pg 4
          Decker, Albert Head 25 farmer; Agness Wife 18; Albert D Son 01
          All born NY.
          There are many other Deckers on this page. If you need any others
          let me know.

          This is probably William with parents:
          1880 NY; Essex; Minerva SD#7; ED#56; Pg 39
          Bradley,Charles Head 34 Carpenter B:Canada; Eliza wife 30 B:NY;
          William Son 10 B:NY; Frank Son 05 B:NY; Frederick Son 05 B:NY
          Looks like Frank + Frederick were twins.

          Possible for Nettie:
          1880 NY; Chenango; Sheburne SD#9; ED#114; Pg 19
          ook, Cyrus Head 43 Farmer; Minerva Wife 34; Ernest M Son 09; Ralph
          Son 06; Nettie Dau 04; Luther son 02
          All born NY.

          Or maybe this:
          1880 NY; Queens; Jamaica SD#2; ED#275; Pg 43
          Sorry page won't display!

          Or even this although the age is off:
          1880 VT; Orange; Thetford SD#137; ED#143; PG 22
          Cook, James A Head 40 Farmer; Elizabeth Wife 37; Ella S Dau 15;
          Sillian Dau 12; Nettie A Dau 08
          **The writing is hard to read where the birthplaces are listed. They
          could be VT or NY as the slant of the letters is similar.

          There are no possible listings with the spelling of Cooke.

          So you only have tree possible which isn't that bad. I would now see
          if you can follow these parents forward to see if they make sense.
          Or get some actual documents like birth/death/marriage/obits/etc. to
          see if they match up that way. Good luck!
          Stacey
        • Brendalee
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 13 11:48 AM
            --- hi yes this is right for william bradley
            he is my grea great granfather and the decker one is also right
            can you let me know where you found the 1 on nettie cause her
            givin name was annetta..

            In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey" <zoerhenne@...>
            wrote:

            > I know you posted you still need info on Nettie Cook/e so I thought
            > I'd search around for you.
            >
            > Could this be Albert Decker with his parents?
            > 1880 NY;Essex;West Port SD#7; ED#625; Pg 4
            > Decker, Albert Head 25 farmer; Agness Wife 18; Albert D Son 01
            > All born NY.
            > There are many other Deckers on this page. If you need any others
            > let me know.
            >
            > This is probably William with parents:
            > 1880 NY; Essex; Minerva SD#7; ED#56; Pg 39
            > Bradley,Charles Head 34 Carpenter B:Canada; Eliza wife 30 B:NY;
            > William Son 10 B:NY; Frank Son 05 B:NY; Frederick Son 05 B:NY
            > Looks like Frank + Frederick were twins.
            >
            > Possible for Nettie:
            > 1880 NY; Chenango; Sheburne SD#9; ED#114; Pg 19
            > ook, Cyrus Head 43 Farmer; Minerva Wife 34; Ernest M Son 09; Ralph
            > Son 06; Nettie Dau 04; Luther son 02
            > All born NY.
            >
            > Or maybe this:
            > 1880 NY; Queens; Jamaica SD#2; ED#275; Pg 43
            > Sorry page won't display!
            >
            > Or even this although the age is off:
            > 1880 VT; Orange; Thetford SD#137; ED#143; PG 22
            > Cook, James A Head 40 Farmer; Elizabeth Wife 37; Ella S Dau 15;
            > Sillian Dau 12; Nettie A Dau 08
            > **The writing is hard to read where the birthplaces are listed.
            They
            > could be VT or NY as the slant of the letters is similar.
            >
            > There are no possible listings with the spelling of Cooke.
            >
            > So you only have tree possible which isn't that bad. I would now
            see
            > if you can follow these parents forward to see if they make sense.
            > Or get some actual documents like birth/death/marriage/obits/etc.
            > see if they match up that way. Good luck!
            > Stacey

          • Stacey
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 14 10:50 AM
              All of that was found using the Heritage Quest census reports. I do
              not have access to Ancestry but do have Heritage Quest through my
              library with home use available. That means anybody with census
              requests I'd be more than happy to look something up.

              I gave the citation according to what Heritage Quest lists, so the
              page number may be off in Ancestry or elsewhere, but the ED# and SD#
              are going to be the same.
              I just searched under 1)whole given name, 2)any nicknames, 3)age, 4)
              birthplace, 5)last known or other places they lived. And also used
              various combinations till I found something that fit. What I
              interpreted as fitting was posted.

              Do you need more? Does this seem possible or "not at all right"? Let
              me know what the next step you nee help with is?

              Also, I see that you have also posted requests for help on this
              family in other groups (namely PA Penn group). BE SURE to post what
              you already know in this and other groups so that "helpers" do not
              waste their time and repeatedly look up stuff you already have. This
              is considered a no-no in the genealogy world and very frowned upon
              by Miss PA in the above mentioned group.
              Stacey
            • Brendalee
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 14 2:59 PM
                --- Hi thanks for that info I will make sure that I post what evr
                I have now shold I put the whole thing from both Bradley and
                decker family and the Blossom family also or just the Deckers that I
                am looking for ? Thanks Brendalee