My uncle's family

  • Patti
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Currently I am working on learning about my uncle's family. Our
      family was split up and long story short, I never knew my Uncle. Had
      only one contact with him before he died. I do not even know if he
      had children (could have first cousins) or how many times he was
      married. Here is what I do know and please share any suggestions you
      might have on where I can go from here.

      I know when and where he died. In process of getting his obit. I
      know he was married at least once and his wife's name and date of
      marriage. They are listed on Ancestry but I don't have a membership
      so can't access the info. I think his wife may have died, but if it
      is the correct person in the SSDI, it gives no place of death so I
      can't request an obit. I will try "assuming" she died also in Boise
      which is where he lived when he died.

      How can I find out if he had children by a previous marriage? I
      don't believe they had any as when they married he was in his 40's.
      Of course it's possible. But he may - probably was - married prior
      to that.

      Any suggestions welcomed!!

      Patti