Re: [genchatfriends] Kerr

  • Steve Pick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Kathy,A couple of points. Scotland the country has ONE "T"2. I have a great grandmother who was a KELL but in Chester-le-Street (NE England) some of her records were down as KERR.There was enough evidence to suggest it was a case of bad hand writing but I wonder if this was just an isolated case.Steve in Texas--- On Mon, 6/30/08, cathy.c123 <CRYALS@...> wrote:From: cathy.c123 <CRYALS@...>Subject: [genchatfriends] KerrTo: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.comDate: Monday, June 30, 2008, 4:30 PMI am new to the group. Kerr is a name I am researching also. My mother is a Kerr. It is nice to know that there are people in this group who have Scottland research on this surname. We have not gotten that far yet, but believe that Scottland will be the origin. Right now we are still in the Mississippi Delta region in our research. Mostly Greenwood, Carroll, and Leflore counties in Mississippi.