Brick Walls

  • sherry.cormier
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
      Does anyone have in their groups Cox, Tramall Elliott, Dragone,
      Vasile, Mandarano, Monceaux and Hanks families. This is just
      unlocatable and I am exhausted trying!!!!
    • ddisaac
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
        Sherry:
        I have a lot of Cox in my family beginning with my great grandmother Dora L. Cox, b. 1873 KY ~ d. aft 1930 IN. Let me know if you think I can help.
        Patty

        "sherry.cormier" <sherry.cormier@...> wrote:
        Does anyone have in their groups Cox, Tramall Elliott, Dragone,
        Vasile, Mandarano, Monceaux and Hanks families. This is just
        unlocatable and I am exhausted trying!!!!

        Hugs,
        Patty

      • sherry.cormier
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2008
          My Great Grandmother's Paternal Grandmother is a COX. (b) Nov 1858 . .
          She married a Smith. This family is mostly from the Pennsylvania
          area, but hard to tell where they came from. Being that your great
          grandmother came from KY and ended up in IN, some of the family I
          suppose could have detoured to PA??

          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, ddisaac <isaacdd2004@...>
          wrote:

          > Sherry:
          > I have a lot of Cox in my family beginning with my great
          grandmother Dora L. Cox, b. 1873 KY ~ d. aft 1930 IN. Let me know if
          you think I can help.
          > Patty
          >

          > "sherry.cormier" <sherry.cormier@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone have in their groups Cox, Tramall Elliott,
          Dragone,
          > Vasile, Mandarano, Monceaux and Hanks families. This is just
          > unlocatable and I am exhausted trying!!!!
          >

          > Hugs,
          > Patty

        • ddisaac
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
            From son to father (except, of course, Miss Dora) this is my direct line of Cox ancestry:

            Dora L. Cox, (my g grandmother) b. Feb 1873 Butler Co., KY; d. aft 1930 Greencastle, Putnam Co, IN. She married Wiley P. Davis, b. Mar 1869 Waltz, Wabash Co. IN; d. 24 Feb 1951 Greencastle, Putnam Co., IN. They married 8 Feb 1894 Putnam Co. IN.
            Doras father is Burwell J. Cox, b. 1847 IL; d. 1882 KY.
            Burwells father is William Cox, b. 1819 KY; d. 1859 Warren Co. KY.
            Williams father is Jackson Cox, b. 1791 KY; d. 31 Mar 1843 KY.
            Jacksons father is Captain John P. Cox, b. 04 Jan 1758 Halifax Co., VA; d. 30 Jun 1832 Warren Co., KY.
            Johns father is John Cox, b. 20 Oct 1703 Lunenburg Co. VA; d. 13 Sep 1764 Lunenburg Co. Va.
            Prior to 1700, the Coxe's were born in and around London, England, and had an "e" and the end of Cox.
            Let me know if this helps ~ I do have more Cox born in the 1800 ~ and I'll get what I have to you.

            wrote:

            > Sherry:
            > I have a lot of Cox in my family beginning with my great
            grandmother Dora L. Cox, b. 1873 KY ~ d. aft 1930 IN. Let me know if
            you think I can help.
            > Patty
            >

            > "sherry.cormier" <sherry.cormier@...> wrote:
            > Does anyone have in their groups Cox, Tramall Elliott,
            Dragone,
            > Vasile, Mandarano, Monceaux and Hanks families. This is just
            > unlocatable and I am exhausted trying!!!!
            >

            > Hugs,
            > Patty

            Hugs,
            Patty