research help

  • serch34
    Message 1 of 15 , May 20, 2008
      Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from Ancestory that
      I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt. 1861-
      1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I know of
      Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph Kochiss
      and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
      Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these
      census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .

      Ken
    • genmen2
      Message 2 of 15 , May 20, 2008
        Write me offline with what you want to know....menzelgen@...

        Martha

        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, serch34 <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from Ancestory
        that
        > I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt. 1861-
        > 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I know
        of
        > Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph Kochiss
        > and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
        > Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these
        > census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .
        >
        > Ken

      • Stephanie whitlock

          Message 4 of 15 , May 20, 2008
            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "genmen2"

            Message 5 of 15 , May 21, 2008
              Ken,
              If you still have the original post Martha sent, she gave you an email address wherein you could reach her privately.  Hope I've helped.

              ~april

              "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

              > > Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from
              Ancestory
              > that
              > > I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt.
              1861-
              > > 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I
              know
              > of
              > > Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph
              Kochiss
              > > and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
              > > Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at
              these
              > > census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .
              > >
              > > Ken
              > >
              >How do I writ you off line ? Ken

            • denise collins
              Message 6 of 15 , May 21, 2008
                Hi Stephanie, are you researching this info or do you need the info? Also do you know where Joseph was born? I can take a look, let me know
                Denise

                Stephanie whitlock <stephanie_whitlock@...> wrote: here it is i saved it for you its in pdf format

                serch34 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from Ancestory that
                I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt. 1861-
                1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I know of
                Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph Kochiss
                and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
                Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these
                census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .

                Ken

                Its a Happy Day Outside Today

              • Stephanie whitlock
                Message 7 of 15 , May 21, 2008
                  what is your e-mail address

                  serch34 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "genmen2"
                  <menzelgen@...> wrote:

                  > Write me offline with what you want to know....menzelgen@...
                  >
                  > Martha
                  >
                  > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, serch34 <no_reply@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from
                  Ancestory
                  > that
                  > > I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt.
                  1861-
                  > > 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I
                  know
                  > of
                  > > Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph
                  Kochiss
                  > > and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
                  > > Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at
                  these
                  > > census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .
                  > >
                  > > Ken
                  > >
                  >How do I writ you off line ? Ken

                • chuck porter

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 21, 2008
                      I found the following:

                      1910 United States Federal Census

                      Name: Joseph Kochiss Age in 1910: 45 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1865 Birthplace: Hungary Relation to Head of House: Head Father's Birth Place: Hungary Mother's Birth Place: Hungary Spouse's Name: Annie Home in 1910: Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut Marital Status: Married Race: White Gender: Male Year of Immigration: 1882
                      Household:
                      Name Age Joseph Kochiss 45 Annie Kochiss 43 Joseph Kochiss 23 Anne Kochiss 20 Louis Kochiss 18 Gezel Kochiss 14 Emil Kochiss 12 Josephine Kochiss 10 Marcel Kochiss 8 Elberta Kochiss 3

                      1920 United States Federal Census

                      Name: Joseph Kochiss
                      [Joseph Kochirs] Home in 1920: Bridgeport Ward 9, Fairfield, Connecticut Age: AgeWith12ths('59',true); 59 years Estimated Birth Year: abt 1861 Birthplace: Austria Relation to Head of House: Head Spouse's Name: Anna Father's Birth Place: Austria Mother's Birth Place: Austria Marital Status: Married Race: White Sex: Male Home owned: Own Year of Immigration: 1881 Able to read: Yes Able to Write: Yes Image: 467 Household Members: Name Age Joseph Kochiss 59 Anna Kochiss 51 Joseph Kochiss 32 Hayel Kochiss 22 Josephine Kochiss 19 Marshell Kochiss 16 Albertes Kochiss 12

                      1930 United States Federal Census

                      Name: Joseph Kochiss Home in 1930: Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut Age: AgeWith12ths('56',false); 56 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1874 Birthplace: Czechoslovakia Relation to Head of House: Head Spouse's Name: Anna Race: White
                      Name Age Joseph Kochiss 56 Anna Kochiss 49 George Kochiss 30 Alexander Kochiss 28 Irene Kochiss 22 Sophie Kochiss 25
                    • Stacey
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 22, 2008
                        Ken,
                        It seems as if the other members have found you quite a bit of info. If
                        however, you are in need of anything else I might be able to help as I
                        have Heritage Quest through my library. Also, I have connections to the
                        Norwalk, CT area and get to the library there about once a year if
                        there was a lookup you needed from them.
                        Stacey
                      • usendinfo
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 30, 2008
                          This is a suggestion that may work. Two people may share the cost
                          of a subscription, or more, and share the subscription. It is a way
                          in these tough economic times to make it work!--- In
                          genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, chuck porter <chuckbonsai@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Hi Ken: Any family history center, Church of Jesus Christ of
                          Latter Day Saints, will allow you to use thier facility, and they
                          have an ongoing subscription to Ancestry.com, unlimited use. To
                          make copies you have to pay a nickle per page. I hope this helps
                          you out. You can contact the local ward or stake of the Church to
                          find the closest family history center near you..... need help let
                          me know, I will look this up for you anyways, Chuck

                          > serch34 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi everyone , I
                          need some help with census records from Ancestory that
                          > I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt.
                          1861-
                          > 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I
                          know of
                          > Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph
                          Kochiss
                          > and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
                          > Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these
                          > census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .
                          >
                          > Ken

                        • Gale Nash
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 30, 2008
                            Many libraries have access to Heritage Quest and Ancestry. Ancestry is only
                            available at the library but I've heard that with your library card and the
                            password for that library you can access Heritage at home. Check with the
                            libraries in your area also.

                            Gale Prince Nash

                            This is a suggestion that may work. Two people may share the cost
                            of a subscription, or more, and share the subscription. It is a way
                            in these tough economic times to make it work!--- In
                            genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
                            <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , chuck porter
                            <chuckbonsai@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Hi Ken: Any family history center, Church of Jesus Christ of
                            Latter Day Saints, will allow you to use thier facility, and they
                            have an ongoing subscription to Ancestry.com, unlimited use. To
                            make copies you have to pay a nickle per page. I hope this helps
                            you out. You can contact the local ward or stake of the Church to
                            find the closest family history center near you..... need help let
                            me know, I will look this up for you anyways, Chuck

                            > serch34 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> >
                            wrote: Hi everyone , I
                            need some help with census records from Ancestory that
                            > I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt.
                            1861-
                            > 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I
                            know of
                            > Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph
                            Kochiss
                            > and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in
                            > Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these
                            > census records that may be a member Ancestory . com .
                            >
                            > Ken

                          • Steve Pick
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
                              Chuck,Sorry if I am duplicating info but I have been culling emails rather crudely.A couple of months ago I visited the local LDS site in Plano, Texas and they informed me that they no longer have the subscription to ANCESTOR.COM. I agree that they used to have it. So now you need to fork out yourself if you want their information.Steve--- On Wed, 5/21/08, chuck porter <chuckbonsai@...> wrote:From: chuck porter <chuckbonsai@...>Subject: Re: [genchatfriends] research helpTo: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.comDate: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 3:29 PMHi Ken: Any family history center, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, will allow you to use thier facility, and they have an ongoing subscription to Ancestry.com, unlimited use. To make copies you have to pay a nickle per page. I hope this helps you out. You can contact the local ward or stake of the Church to find the closest family history center near you..... need help let me know,
                              I will look this up for you anyways, Chuck serch34 <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote: Hi everyone , I need some help with census records from Ancestory that I'am not a member of . I'am researching Joseph Kochiss (b) abt. 1861- 1875(spouse) Anna Plavnicky (b) 1875 (d) 1935 : One daughter I know of Mary Pauline (b) 1892 : There are census records for Joseph Kochiss and spouse Anna from 1910-1930 listed in Ancestor's records in Faiefield , Ct. Would anyone be able to help , by looking at these census records that may be a member Ancestory . com . Ken [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                            • ddisaac
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
                                Sorry to be the bad guy by pointing out that Ancestor.com and Ancestry.com are two separate entities.
                                LDS Church works with Ancestry.com, they are a wonderful source of information and I use them frequently. If you are interested in using their records, go to familysearch.com.
                                Hope this explains and helps.

                                Steve Pick <stevebancroft_1999@...> wrote:
[...]

                                Hugs,
                                Patty

                              • Gale Nash
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
                                  Many public libraries have ancestry.com available at their facilities.

                                  Gale

                                  porter <chuckbonsai@... <mailto:chuckbonsai%40yahoo.com> > wrote:From:
                                  chuck porter <chuckbonsai@... <mailto:chuckbonsai%40yahoo.com>
                                  >Subject: Re: [genchatfriends] research helpTo:
                                  genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.comDate
                                  <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.comDate> : Wednesday, May 21,