I really need Family Tree Maker 2006!

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      I'm sick of Family Tree Maker 2008! It's frozen on me about a million times the past week! Help!

      Patricia

      Support your friendly local autistics....I'm one of them
    • Marge
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        Patricia,
        Look at and maybe join these list:

        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Software/FTM-2008-HELP.html

        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Software/FTM-HELP.html

        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Software/FTM.html

        Marge

        > I'm sick of Family Tree Maker 2008! It's frozen on me about a million
        > times the past week! Help!
        >
        > Patricia
        >
        > Support your friendly local autistics....I'm one of them
        >

        > Visit Mom's Library
        > http://www.genealogychatfriends.org
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Martha Menzel
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          If you have a Half Price Books near you, I recently picked up a copy of 2006 for about $20.

          Martha

        • Sharon
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
            If I remember, you are running Vista operating system.
            If you have this option: Have you tried in your start>programs> (on
            your task bar) when you see the programs, right click the FTM2008
            entry for FTM2008 program - then click "properties" then click the
            tab "compatability" and check the box setting and open the box
            showing the different OS versions (Me, 2000, NT, etc) and set it to run
            in XP.
            This "fix" may help you with your program problem if it is a
            compatability issue that is causing the lockups. If it doesnt help, it
            is easily reversed using the same steps. If all else fails, then get
            FTM2006 and use these settings.

            Hope this will help.
            Sharon
          • hummmmm, now thats interesting
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2008
              i personally really like personal ancestry file (PAF) from lds.org, it
              is a free program to download and it has never frozen on me, i think
              that it is the best personally, and the missionaries have never been to
              my house because of the program either...lol wink... chuck--- In
              genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Hefner <verte76@...>

            • Bmntywlsh55@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
                Don't forget the PAF companion!