marriage order in reports on FTM2005

  • b6947
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      I have a problem with Family Tree Maker 2005 when it makes out the
      genealogy reports. It seems to print the marriages as you add them to
      your program. This is okay on single marriages, but when you have one
      marriage and then find an earlier one, it will not recognize the
      earlier dates and put the marriages in chronological order. Can
      anyone tell me if there is something I can do to solve this problem or
      am I doomed to use my word processor to correct these marriages before
      I print them?
    • Wayne Harrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
        Go to the list of spouses for the one has more than one and open it. It will show them in marriage date order but over to lower left there should be a box to check which one is main spouse. The program auto sets the first one entered as this and unless you go in and change them it will keep them as main spouse. So if you add a third spouse first they auto will become main spouse and it will on him always show them as such unless you go open and hit one of the others. So just check the first spouse as main spouse and it will correct this for you. Always be sure to check this when entering older spouses or any spouse to make sure you set right one as main one... As sometimes may want the last spouse as main one not first due to kids involved with spouse.

        Then if you go off the one has more than one spouse and come back to them it should show main spouse as older spouse not later. If any others open first to a later spouse then they also need you to go in an check which one is main.. if want older spouse then check them if later then check them...

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
          There should be a command to put in as "prefered" spouse.

          ~april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"