Re:Inquiry re Isaac HALL & Eliza FORTUNE

  • VM
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Joann,

      I will do some checking but I think there is something off - too many states - age of bride, not sure what, but my gut doesn't like this (and I have learned to trust my gut in this area!)...I wonder if the case of different persons with the same names being 'grabbed up' ...How much of this have you actually verified? including notes on rootsweb - documentation?

      judy

    • kjh51jch50
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        That depends on what you mean by "verified".

        I've found record of the marriage of Isaac Hall & Elizabeth Fortune
        on 25 Mar 1867 in Clark County, IL but I don't have a copy as yet. I
        have them listed together with their 1 year-old son, James, in the
        1870 census in Prairieton, Vigo County, IN (which would be correct
        since I know for a fact that's where the family was. I have Isaac
        with his son, James, in the 1880 census. I have Isaac with his
        father, Solomon, in the 1860 census. I have Elizabeth with her
        parents, Zachariah & Sarah, in the 1860 census in OH & in the 1850
        census in VA.

        I don't have copies of any birth records, I'm working from census
        reports at this time.

        Blessings,
        JoannH