Preserving negatives

  • pschneider2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hi, All,

      I have dozens of negatives of family photos that I would like to
      protect. What do you recommend for storage? I was thinking of
      glassine envelopes, which I know are OK for stamps. Would that work.

      Paula
    • tro_glin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "pschneider2002"
        <pjschn@...> wrote:
        >the members had a good round of discussion on just this
        subject not many months ago, it might behoove you to check some
        of the old messages, within the past six months, or maybe someone
        more recently will add to your question

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
          Whatever you do, touch only the edges of said negatives with your fingers, lest you get your fingerprints on them and render them useless!

          april

          pschneider2002 <pjschn@...> wrote:
          Hi, All,

          I have dozens of negatives of family photos that I would like to
          protect. What do you recommend for storage? I was thinking of
          glassine envelopes, which I know are OK for stamps. Would that work.

          Paula

          ~april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

        • pschneider2002
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
            I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something obvious, but could
            someone please explain how to find the older messages about
            negatives? I did search, after receiving this message also, I used
            the help facility, and I still can't find the older messages.

            Paula

            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "tro_glin"