Re: [genchatfriends] Re: WW1 Registration form question..

  • annystokes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2007
      Thanks for posting this -- I didn't realize there were Air Groups or Corps before WWII. My father was a pilot in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He served in the Pacific flying troop carriers (C-47s - "Gooney Birds"). In the Pacific, these Gooney Birds were called "Jungle Skippers" among other things. Lots of interesting history about the Troop Carrier Divisions.

      Ann