Re: Lucia Spaulding Sholts

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
      Sharon -

      Nope, sorry - I have nothing in my family tree about SPAULDING in Wisconsin -

      but I did find this - note that Lucia's age disagrees with what you said -
      1880 Rutland, Dane, Wisconsin
      Sholts, Orson, 28 married Farmer born WI:NY:NY
      (), Lucia, wife 21 married Keeping House born WI:NY:NY
      http://tinyurl.com/2j75ra
      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?
      HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_6498417&frompage=5
      (NEXT DOOR is the household of )
      Spaulding, Lucius/63:NY, Mariette/46:NY, Kendrick/25:WI, Cranston/17:WI, Arthur/13:WI
      Thompson, Demerius, mother-in-law 82 widow born NY:England:England
      http://tinyurl.com/34pu9v
      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?
      HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_6498416&frompage=5
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6742&iid=WIT9_1422-0291
      NOTE: Hmm - next door - good chance that those are relatives of Lucia's.

      1870 Rutland, Dane, WI - Page 18
      Spaulding, Lucius, 47? Farmer born Vermont
      (), Mariette, 43 Keeping House born New York
      (), Hendrick, male 16 born WI
      (), Lucia, female 11 born WI
      (), Clayton, male 6 born WI
      (), Charley, male 2 born WI
      (), Catharine, 79 female born New Jersey
      Thompson, Demerus, 76 female born New York
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=7163&iid=WIM593_1709-0342
      NOTE: there is an ORSON W SHOLTS age 18 on the previous census page.

      1860 Rutland, Dane, WI - Page 125
      Spaulding, L, 37 male Merchant born Vt
      (), Mariett, 34 female born NY
      (), Kendrick, 6 male born Wisc
      (), Mariett, 10m female born (ditto = Wisc)
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=7667&iid=WIM653_1404-0218
      NOTE: following censuspage (126) has
      Thompson, Wm/69:ME/male, Demerust/58:NY/female

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, sharon riskus <sar304@...> wrote:

      > The Spaulding we are interested in was Lucia Spaulding
      > who was married to Orson Sholts (our gggrandfather) we
      > believe in Dane Co., WI. According to our mom's info
      > she was born around 1870 and d. around 1896. That is
      > all we have to go on regarding her. Orson was b.
      > around 1852 in Rutland, Dane Co., WI. His parents
      > were Henry Sholts and Margaret Titus. If this sounds
      > like anything you have in your info would love to hear
      > back from you. Thanks
      >
      > Sharon
      >

      > --- Tom Knox <tomknox2001@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Sharon -
      > >
      > > I'm from eastern WI (Milwaukee area) - would you
      > > please give some specific information on
      > > your grandparents? Or information on specific
      > > "brickwalls" that you are interested in?
      > > "Grandpa Hanan" isn't enough to work from.
      > >
      > > I do have SPAULDING in my ancestry -
      > > Dinah SPAULDING (1723 CT - 1812 NH) m. Elijah CADY
      > > (1721 RI - 1812 NH);
      > > traces back to Edward SPAULDING (ca.1590 England -
      > > Jamestown,VA - 1670 MA).
      > >
      > > - Tom Knox IBSSG "Bloodhound"
      > >

      > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon
      > > Riskus" <sar304@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi! My name is Sharon and I live in Western WI.
      > > My sister and I have
      > > > been doing our family genealogy for about 8 years.
      > > She is the one
      > > > that has done most of the work however. Our
      > > father is from IL and
      > > > some of the names on his side we have been working
      > > on is MOATES,
      > > > SHELKEY, MITCHELL, BOWEN plus many others. On our
      > > mothers side we
      > > > have HANAN, SHOLTS, TITUS, SPAULDING, ROONEY plus
      > > many others. From a
      > > > paper our mom left us we know that John Hanan came
      > > from Ireland about
      > > > 1746 and settled in Maryland. According to her
      > > notes John married
      > > > Andrew Jacksons cousin Hanna Jackson. We also
      > > know he served in the
      > > > Revolutionary war and was wounded at the Battle of
      > > White Plaines, NY.
      > > > Right now we have a lot of unanswered questions.
      > > We know both sets
      > > > of our grandparents were divorced but have no idea
      > > when, where or why.
      > > > We do know that Grandpa Hanan remarried a woman
      > > named Marge who was a
      > > > school teacher but have no idea of her maiden name
      > > or where she was
      > > > from. They both ended up dying in Dubuque, IA.
      > > Most of our moms side
      > > > was from around the Rutland, (Dane Co.) WI and
      > > Mondovi,(Buffalo Co.)
      > > > WI. Our dad was from IL b. in Sterling,
      > > (McDonough Co.) If anyone
      > > > knows anything at all about any of these names we
      > > sure would be
      > > > interested in being in touch with you.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for letting me join and I am anxious to be
      > > of help to anyone
      > > > who might need a look-up or help from WI.
      > > >
      > > > Sharon
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2007
        I am curious if any of you are connected with the Spalding line out of
        Monroe Co., Michigan?

        Michelle

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        3:50 PM

      • sharon riskus
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2007
          What I have is LUCIA M SPAULDING b. March 1, 1859 and
          d. March 19, 1898 in Dane Co. WI and was m. to Orson
          W. Sholts b. March 8, 1852, d. Dec. 2, 1908. If this
          sounds familiar please contact me and I would be
          willing to share what info I do have.

          Sharon

          --- Michelle <run2web@...> wrote:

          > I am curious if any of you are connected with the
          > Spalding line out of
          > Monroe Co., Michigan?
          >
          > Michelle

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.