Re: [genchatfriends] Re: Moates, Hanan, etc.

  • sharon riskus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
      The Spaulding we are interested in was Lucia Spaulding
      who was married to Orson Sholts (our gggrandfather) we
      believe in Dane Co., WI. According to our mom's info
      she was born around 1870 and d. around 1896. That is
      all we have to go on regarding her. Orson was b.
      around 1852 in Rutland, Dane Co., WI. His parents
      were Henry Sholts and Margaret Titus. If this sounds
      like anything you have in your info would love to hear
      back from you. Thanks

      Sharon

      http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
        Sharon -

        Nope, sorry - I have nothing in my family tree about SPAULDING in Wisconsin -

        but I did find this - note that Lucia's age disagrees with what you said -
        1880 Rutland, Dane, Wisconsin
        Sholts, Orson, 28 married Farmer born WI:NY:NY
        (), Lucia, wife 21 married Keeping House born WI:NY:NY
        http://tinyurl.com/2j75ra
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?
        HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_6498417&frompage=5
        (NEXT DOOR is the household of )
        Spaulding, Lucius/63:NY, Mariette/46:NY, Kendrick/25:WI, Cranston/17:WI, Arthur/13:WI
        Thompson, Demerius, mother-in-law 82 widow born NY:England:England
        http://tinyurl.com/34pu9v
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?
        HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_6498416&frompage=5
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6742&iid=WIT9_1422-0291
        NOTE: Hmm - next door - good chance that those are relatives of Lucia's.

        1870 Rutland, Dane, WI - Page 18
        Spaulding, Lucius, 47? Farmer born Vermont
        (), Mariette, 43 Keeping House born New York
        (), Hendrick, male 16 born WI
        (), Lucia, female 11 born WI
        (), Clayton, male 6 born WI
        (), Charley, male 2 born WI
        (), Catharine, 79 female born New Jersey
        Thompson, Demerus, 76 female born New York
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7163&iid=WIM593_1709-0342
        NOTE: there is an ORSON W SHOLTS age 18 on the previous census page.

        1860 Rutland, Dane, WI - Page 125
        Spaulding, L, 37 male Merchant born Vt
        (), Mariett, 34 female born NY
        (), Kendrick, 6 male born Wisc
        (), Mariett, 10m female born (ditto = Wisc)
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7667&iid=WIM653_1404-0218
        NOTE: following censuspage (126) has
        Thompson, Wm/69:ME/male, Demerust/58:NY/female

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

      • Michelle
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2007
          I am curious if any of you are connected with the Spalding line out of
          Monroe Co., Michigan?

          Michelle

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          3:50 PM

        • sharon riskus
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18, 2007
            What I have is LUCIA M SPAULDING b. March 1, 1859 and
            d. March 19, 1898 in Dane Co. WI and was m. to Orson
            W. Sholts b. March 8, 1852, d. Dec. 2, 1908. If this
            sounds familiar please contact me and I would be
            willing to share what info I do have.

            Sharon

            --- Michelle <run2web@...> wrote:

            > I am curious if any of you are connected with the
            > Spalding line out of
            > Monroe Co., Michigan?
            >
            > Michelle

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.