Re: [genchatfriends] elderly gmother remarrying

  • April Payne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2007
      I know one of my great-grandmothers outlived three husbands! Not sure how old she was with her third marriage, though.

      Good luck on your hunt. I can't seem to get passed Gen. Three, myself. On ANY branch of my family, so far. LOL

      april

      tro_glin <tro_glin@...> wrote:
      Margie, your statement brought laughter to my heart this
      morning, according to the only source(my cousin) I have on
      my mother's side of the family is that our ggmother married
      a couple of times after my ggfather died, and apparently
      including when she was 96. She died at 98, according to my
      cousin.
      This is all in Illinois and hopefully eventually I can find
      her marriages as well as her demise, Illinois has some really
      good records, in about 4 different places.

    • Lilith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2007
        My mother's mother was married 5 times and out lived 4 of them. I used to
        wonder about that. <LOL>

        I have found it very difficult to find marriages. It's almost like there
        was no paperwork, no filing of anything, they just held hands, turned around
        3 times and that was it ... married! <LOL>

        Lilith
        VPMM
        Searching: Hundoble and all the variables

        On 6/12/07, April Payne <april_anastasia@...> wrote:

        > I know one of my great-grandmothers outlived three husbands! Not sure
        > how old she was with her third marriage, though.
        >
        > Good luck on your hunt. I can't seem to get passed Gen. Three, myself. On
        > ANY branch of my family, so far. LOL
        >
        > april
        >
        > tro_glin <tro_glin@... <tro_glin%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
        > Margie, your statement brought laughter to my heart this
        > morning, according to the only source(my cousin) I have on
        > my mother's side of the family is that our ggmother married
        > a couple of times after my ggfather died, and apparently
        > including when she was 96. She died at 98, according to my
        > cousin.
        > This is all in Illinois and hopefully eventually I can find
        > her marriages as well as her demise, Illinois has some really
        > good records, in about 4 different places.

      • Margie Ramey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2007
          Lillith,

          You're right about the marriage info.  I do love your explanation though. Sounds romantic<g>.

          Margie

          Margie Ramey
          Ramey Virtual Assistance
          Star Quality Personal Assistance