Re: [genchatfriends] Re: preserving documents

  • April Payne
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2007
      Wow. I knew acid was problematic for photos -- I just didn't realize it was bad for documents as well. Great to know, thanks for sharing.

      april

      taz2003au <taz2003au@...> wrote:
      Hi all
      I am a scrap booker and a family historian. Definitely you should
      never laminate the reason for this is that over years the laminate
      breaks down and when the seal comes apart it is nearly impossible to
      get the document of the laminate to redo it, The grand old saying
      never do what you cant undo when it comes to preserving documents.
      Anything that is acid free is the best to store your documents and all
      so in a cool place that does not receive direct sunlight.
      judy

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "tro_glin" <tro_glin@...>
      wrote:

      > Lilith, I am no expert but have watched a lot of craft
      > and scrap book shows and most of them said not to
      > laminate. Best way is to find the archival type
      > envelopes which are acid free and keep your valuable
      > documents there.

      ~april

      "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"