Re: [genchatfriends] still looking

  • Magica D.
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25, 2007
      I do live in VA and have gone to the Richmond library
      before. Don't know when I will be going again, but be
      happy to look for you when I do. You do realize that
      you have him joining the army at 6? Not sure how that
      would work, and if he was close to KY, probably was
      Virginia then and is now W. Virginia. Just a few
      thoughts.

      Brenda
      --- tro_glin <tro_glin@...> wrote:

      > now that some new people have joined, I will put
      > this
      > out again, hoping maybe someone new has some
      > additional
      > resources---
      > My gggfather, Michael Micajah Harrison was born in
      > Va,
      > July 16, 1796, he joined the Army in 1802 in Ky,
      > serving
      > a year. I am trying to find his b'place, parents,
      > etc.
      > I have paid some to go to the COG to look up some
      > references
      > I was given, without success. Now I am hoping to
      > find '
      > someone who might be able to research at the Va
      > Library, in
      > Richmond--they do not search for you.
      > Secondly, my ggmother, Sarah Jane Webb was born in
      > Fayette
      > Co, Ohio in 1829-1831, I cannot find her parents
      > either. I
      > have rec'd info from the Washington Court House,
      > Ohio, as well as
      > Ross and Green counties there without any success.
      > If someone
      > knows someone who can search, or someone has the
      > time, I don't
      > mind paying something for the trouble. Oh yes, she
      > married
      > my ggfather, William Harrison in Indiana, 1846 and I
      > have
      > that information. I have her thru the 1880 census
      > so I know
      > where she was most of those years.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • VM
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2007
        was there ANY information on the marriage application? Have you seen it? Somewhere around here I have some Indiana marriage records - what county? This might give a clue...

        VM aka/Judy

      • tro_glin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2007
          vmrarity----------I assume you are referring the the info
          I posted about the daughter in law of the gggfather I am
          trying to find beginnings. Actually, here parentage is a
          mystery as well and regarding the Indiana marriage certificate
          there was nothing to indicate parentage as I know some
          applications do. When I send a request for marriage inf
          about anyone I always ask for the application, if there is
          one since most times, the license reveals on the bridal
          couple info
          Thanks for your interest and cooperation.
        • anitasgen
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2007
            I don't know anything about your family, but the spelling of the name
            Micajah was a Native American spelling or names sometimes. I found
            this often amongst some Native American ancestory I looked up. Like
            the female name Minika anglicized into Monica. I also found for some
            reason when Native American families intermarried with European
            families they seemed to name their children George Washington or
            names of political or military figures. Nanny and Nancy was also
            another favorite. If I had a dollar for every Nanny, Nancy, Mary,
            Margaret, or Martha in my family tree I would be able to afford
            Ancestory.com!!!!
            Nita

            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "tro_glin"

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2007
              thanks,nita for the comment about Micajah being possibly of
              native american origin. Maybe this might give me a clue as
              to the county my gggfather was born if I knew the indian
              tribe that Micajah was used. I have seen the name in a
              few other places I have looked but it seemed rather odd
              considering the naming practices of early families.
            • Brendalee
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2008
                hi stil looking for an info on nettie cook parents she was married
                to wiliam c bradley and alber decker lived in westport ny and vt
                thanks BRENDA