Louis (or) Lewis Price of Al/GA/MS

  • Shelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007
      I'm trying my hardest to find any info on the following man and his
      ancestry. His son, Wiley married Martha Davidson of which I have
      info on, but nothing on Louis Price. If anyone has any info on this
      please let me know.

      Louis (or) Lewis Price born in Georgia. Mother UNKNOWN (according
      to death certificate). I do not know who Louis married. Apparently
      moved to Mississippi before Wiley was born.

      Children of Louis Price and UNKNOWN are:
      1.) Wiley P. Price born August 7th, 1869 in Mississippi and died on
      February 12th, 1954 in Mississippi. He married Martha A. Davidson,
      on October 19th, 1893 in Leake County, MS.
      Martha was born on January 10th, 1875 and died on May 16th, 1950 in
      Mississippi.

      Thanks!
      Shelly
    • Stacey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2007
        Shelly,
        I got some information from www.FamilySearch.org and Heritage Quest.
        Firstly, I looked up Wiley and Lewis on the 1880 census. I only found
        one family that remotely looked close to the right names and ages.
        Then I went to the 1900 census to see if this matched up. Here is
        what I found:
        1900 census Mississippi;Leake Co.;Beat#5
        Price, W P Head Aug1870 29 Marr-6yrs BP=MS FBP=MS MBP=MS
        Martha Wife ???1876 24 Marr-6yrs BP=MS FBP=MS MBP=MS
        Carrie Dau Nov1893 06 BP=MS FBP=MS MBP=MS
        John Son Sep1896 03 BP=MS FBP=MS MBP=MS
        Jennie Dau Apr1900 1/12 BP=MS FBP=MS MBP=MS
        Martha had 3 children born;3 living
        W P was a farmer
        **Keep in mind that not all census info is 100% accurate due to
        census taker error, laziness, or people not remembering correctly.

        1880 census Mississippi;Newton Co.;Twp 7 Range 11
        Price, Lewis Head 52 BP=AL FBP=AL MBP=AL
        C Jane Wife 45 BP=AL FBP=AL MBP=AL
        Martha A Dau 16 BP=AL FBP=AL MBP=AL
        Eliza C Dau 15 BP=AL FBP=AL MBP=AL
        Nancy A Dau 12 BP=MS FBP=AL MBP=AL
        W Palmer Son 08 BP=MS FBP=AL MBP=AL
        R Franklin Son 07 BP=MS FBP=AL MBP=AL
        Lewis was a farmer
        ** I would tend towards believing the 1880 census BP's but again
        everything should be verified. These SEEM like the right people!

        1870 Census Mississippi;Scott Co.; Lake PO
        Price, L P Head 42 BP=AL FBP/MBP=Not recorded
        *S G* Wife 35 BP=AL Same
        Benjamin Son 08 BP=MS Same
        Elizabeth Dau 06 BP=MS Same
        *Matilda* Dau 05 BP=AL Same
        Dela Dau 04 BP=MS Same
        Nancy Dau 02 BP=MS Same
        **These are what the names looked like to me. The wife could be short
        for "something" Jane and the daughter could actually be Martha. Also,
        Dela could actually be Eliza although it is clearly spelled Dela.**
        So based on the ages I think these are also the right people as there
        are no others in the right age range in the states of AL, MS, GA.
        Hopefully this gives you some info to work with. I will keep looking
        and post more if I find it. If you have any questions let me know.
        However, I am not related just enjoy helping others!
        Stacey Zoerhenne@...
      • Shelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2007
          Thank you so much Stacey for your lookups for me!!
          Yes, this is most certainly the family.
          I'm really hoping that Lewis Price who's wife was C. Jane is the
          right family also. If you run across anything else on this man, let
          me know....I really appreciate your time!!
          I can't seem to find anything at all on this Lewis and C. Jane Price
          which is so aggrivating to me. I've been to libraries in Neshoba
          and Leake Counties in Mississippi with no results.
          Thank you again Stacey and God bless!

          Shelly Belk
          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey"