new members

  • tro_glin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
      some new people have joined the group and we hope you will find
      some help here there is much on this site to give you some aid.
      Also, plenty of helpful, friendly people to give some assistance too.
      List the names you are searching, someone will surely have something
      on some of them
      Welcome, again
    • Chasity Reed
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
        Hello!

        I am a new member to the group. I have been working on my family history for about 5 months now and have made some progress on some lines but not so good on others. I am from Texas and all of my lines start there. Most of my lines seem to follow the same patterns...Va, NC, SC, TN, AL, MS, LA, TX. but there are some that go abit out of that range.I have to many surnames in my tree to list but my sig. has my "Most Wanted" List. I am looking forward to talking with everyone. I am always willing to help when needed.

        Have a great day!

        Chasity

        MY MOST WANTED LIST:
        REED(TX),BATES(TX,AL),WHITE(TX),CROCKER(TX,MS,AL,GA,SC),WILLIAM1(TX)
        FULGHAM(ALL OVER),BELL(TX),HANKS(TX,LA),RASCO(TX,AL,SC),WILLIAM2(TX,LA,TN),CRAWFORD(TX),ASHWORTH(TX,LA),ANDERSON(LA,MS),DIGIOVANNI(LA),
        TELHIARD(MS),BOURGEOIS(MS)

      • bolterron
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 23, 2007
          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "trooooglin"
          <trooooglin@...> wrote:

          > hey, hey, the counter says 4 new members--------
          > welcome, and let us know what you are looking for
          > there are plenty of people here who can help but they
          > cannot do so until you let them know--------

          Hi-Ron from Australia who recently posted and recieved some great info
          on my wife's Aussie.ancestors-(Thanks Bev Kerlin).My own paternal
          lines stretch back to colonial America and beyond and I've pretty much
          got a handle on it thanks to a lot of work done by a lot of people who
          weren't me,leaving me feeling a little parasitic.I was told by those
          who know to verify everything,but I am not in a position to do that,
          so I guess I'll take it on trust.It occurred to me that I wasn't
          actually looking for names so much as information on those ancestors I
          already knew about,and that's history,not genealogy.So I guess I'll
          keep digging until I come up with something worthwhile sending-Thanks-
          Ron.
        • tro_glin
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2007
            welcome, and if you will post your surnames, or ask questions
            you will probably get some responses from other members--the
            whole reason for the group--share and share alike
            visit the 'home' page for other areas you might find interesting
          • tro_glin
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
              wow= the counter says 11 new members, and other than
              a couple who have posted a question, where are the rest?
              This group was organized to help you with your genealogy
              problems but not able to do so unless you tell us what
              they are. Post surnames you are searching, and if you
              have questions, send them along. And, for everyone--
              the links on the 'home page' are an invaluable source
              in your search--please check it out
              and WELCOME NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            • Patricia
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
                I'm researching Hefner, Propst, Quartermain, Sanbourne, Carmichael, Lowe, and Bullard.

                Patricia

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
                  I'm researching Brochu, Charette, Roberts and Rhodes

                  Donna