Re: [genchatfriends] N.I.P.

  • Bev Kerlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2007
      bolterron wrote:

      Hi Bev, Sorry for the delay but we were one of the lucky ones who got a
      down pour in the last lot of rain that came through, which gives you
      plenty of extra jobs to do. We have just been looking into my wifes
      family, who it seems come from the Gympie area. You said you had some
      data on old records. Have you anything on Joseph Ross born Ireland 1811
      and died in Gombooran Queensland 1898, it seems he was my wifes 5th
      generation decendant. He landed in Woolongong about 1831 and lived there
      for 45 years then moved to Queensland where he lived for 22 years at a
      place called Lincon villa Goombooran
      Thank Ron

      Hi Ron

      Happy to hear about your rain - you folk around Tara, along with many in
      other locations, have been drought ridden for too long!

      I have one only Death Registration in Queensland for 1898 - Joseph ROSS,
      Father Joseph ROSS, Mother Violetta ORR.
      He died 16 July 1898 Registration Number 1898/002021.

      There are no entries in the Dern Index (incomplete in any case), and
      nothing at http://interment.net/aus/qld/index.htm. It appears
      Goomboorian (note spelling Ron) has not been transcribed.

      I am currently looking at marriages in the Wollongong area, BUT please
      verify this information before recording it.

      Joseph ROSS married Velinda DAILY Roman Catholic Illawarra; Wollongong
      1843 Volume V18432001 93
      Joseph ROSS married Belinda DALY Roman Catholic Illawarra; Wollongong
      1843 Volume V184348 123
      (and therein lies the reason why you MUST get verification - this is the
      same couple)

      New South Wales Births Marriages and Deaths can be accessed on the net
      at www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/ - select from the left hand column "Family
      History". The above records are on CD here, but you might like to look
      at that site in any case.

      Father: Joseph ROSS Mother: Belinda Roman Catholic, Illawarra;
      Wollongong

      John ROSS 1845 Volume V18452595 62
      William ROSS 1847 Volume V18472981 64
      **Michael ROSS 1854 Volume V18543668 72 Roman Catholic, Kiama
      **Violetta J ROSS 1860 Registration Number 1860/7925 Kiama (no denomination)
      James ROSS 1861 Registration Number 1861/8337 Kiama (no denomination)

      By looking that little bit further, Ron, we can reasonably expect this
      is your Joseph. He has a daughter named after his Mother, and his wife
      is Belinda. The fact that most of these records reference the
      denomination as Roman Catholic and he's from Ireland, enforces that we
      are guessing fairly well. I don't like such a small family, with such
      gaps between births, so I'm going back in to search without a Mother.

      Okay Mary A ROSS 1848 Joseph and Velende Roman Catholic Illawarra;
      Wollongong Vol V1848654 66
      Thomas ROSS 1856 Joseph and Bellenda Kiama 1856/5184
      Bellinda ROSS 1859 Joseph and Bellinda Kiama 1859/8352

      DEATHS:
      Michael ROSS 1858 Joseph and Belinda Kiama 1858/3802
      Violetta J ROSS 1860 Joseph and Belinda Kiama 1860/4165

      Belinda Elizabeth ROSS daughter of John DALY and Mary Ann BROWN died 12
      May 1901 in Qld. Reg 1901/001915

      NB. a child we didn't have - Joseph Lawrence ROSS son of Joseph ROSS
      and Belinda DALY died 17 March 1912 in Qld 1912/001546
      and another: Agnes FITZSIMONS daughter of Joseph ROSS and Belinda DALY
      died 09 June 1880 Reg 1880/000789
      Agnes married Thomas Henry FITZSIMMONS 21 October 1879/000443

      Thomas ROSS son of Joseph ROSS and Belinda DALY died 19 April 1904 Reg
      1904/001598
      -------------------------------
      QFHSdatasearch Version 1.7.2 by Queensland Family History Society Inc.
      From [Commonwealth Electoral Rolls (Queensland) 1903] database on
      26/02/2007
      No : 21
      Surname : ROSS
      Given Names : Joseph
      Title :
      Sex : Male
      Place of Living: Rossville Farm
      Occupation : farmer
      Polling Place : Goomboorian
      Division : Wide Bay
      ID : 208661
      -------------------------------------
      Let me know if I can help further Ron.

      Cheers
      Bev

    • kap
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        Ok Bolt these are the nicest people they helped me find my brother and
        sister and a Niece. If We can help we will But we need More than Last
        names-We will go back as far as we can. You Try www.Mayflower.com
        Kap
        -- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "bolterron" <bolterron@...>