Pedigree

  • Jay Gold
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      Have any of you used the Y search.org web site and if so is
      there a free program to load your pedigree into your DNA?

      Thanks in advance

      Jay Gold

    • Glenda Riggs

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
          Can somebody explain this to me? I thought one's DNA was your chromosonal portrait. How does that match up with one's pedigree? Absolute proof of your lineage? I'm lost. LOL

          april

          Jay Gold <jgssf@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          Have any of you used the Y search.org web site and if so is
          there a free program to load your pedigree into your DNA?

          Thanks in advance

          Jay Gold

          april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

        • Jay Gold
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
            April,

            Pedigree is your family tree. I am new at this but think that
            is right.

            Jay

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
              Jay and April,

              Here is a web site that discusses how DNA can help with genealogical
              research.

              http://www.dnaheritage.com/default.asp

              Hope this helps....

              Kent
              --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Gold" <jgssf@...> wrote:

              > April,
              >
              > Pedigree is your family tree. I am new at this but
              think that
              > is right.
              >

              > Jay

            • April Payne
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
                is right. <<<<<

                Jay,

                Yes, thank you that is correct or more precisely your lineage. What confuses me was someone asking if they could load their pedigree into their DNA. This has me lost as I don't understand what was meant by that. The only thing I could think of was that in matching up DNA, it would be absolute proof that family tree was theirs. Kinda places them at the scene of the crime, so to speak. LOL. I don't know. I've never heard these terms mentioned together. To borrow a phrase from a friend, I'm completely confuzzled by the whole thing. *wink

                ._,___

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Wow, now there's an interesting 21-century twist to the search. Just how do they go about getting samples of already deceased individuals when the technology didn't exist then -- or is it more they are testing possible living relatives who claim the same ancestor as theirs?

                  Fascinating, indeed!

                  Thank you, Kent, for clarifying this.

                  april

                  Kent <kent.smith@...> wrote:

                  Jay and April,

                  Here is a web site that discusses how DNA can help with genealogical
                  research.

                  http://www.dnaheritage.com/default.asp

                  Hope this helps....

                  Kent

                  Recent Activity

                  3
                  New Members

                  Visit Your Group

                  Genealogy book
                  Genealogy library
                  Genealogy surname
                  Surname genealogy
                  Genealogy chat

                  Y! GeoCities
                  Share Photos
                  Put your favorite
                  photos online.

                  Y! Toolbar
                  Get it Free!
                  easy 1-click access
                  to your groups.

                  Yahoo! Groups
                  Start a group
                  in 3 easy steps.
                  Connect with others.

                  .

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 16, 2006
                    April - This message got thrown in with the Yahoo spam filter and I just now found it. I apologize for the delay! - Kent

                    Okay, this surprised me showing up in my email box two full weeks after I posted it! What is going on?

                    april

                    . . . thinking I might have to wait another two weeks before this query reaches the board! Strange, very strange indeed.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                      No problem.

                      April Payne <april_anastasia@...> wrote: April - This message got thrown in with the Yahoo spam filter and I just now found it. I apologize for the delay! - Kent

                      Okay, this surprised me showing up in my email box two full weeks after I posted it! What is going on?

                      april

                      Recent Activity

                      6
                      New Members