Re: [genchatfriends] John and Elizabeth Avery ?

  • Glenda Riggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      I found this John Avery, but I don't know if it will help

      Husband's Name John AVERY Born: 2 Jul 1762 Place: Stonington, , Ct Died: 1834 Place: Winfield, , Ny Father: John AVERY Mother: Anna MINER
      ---------------------------------
      Wife's Name Elizabeth TRACY Born: 8 Jun 1768 Place: Norwich, , Ct Died: 16 Jun 1799 Place: Sturbridge, , Ma Father: Jabez TRACY Mother: Zipporah HIBBARD
      ---------------------------------
      Children
      ---------------------------------
      1. Sex Name M John Franklin AVERY Born: 26 Feb 1790 Place: Plainfield, , Ct
      ---------------------------------
      2. Sex Name M Gilbert AVERY Born: 10 Mar 1794 Place: Plainfield, , Ct
      ---------------------------------
      3. Sex Name F Anna AVERY Born: 7 May 1792 Place: Plainfield, , Ct
      ---------------------------------
      4. Sex Name M Jabez Tracy AVERY Born: 11 Aug 1797 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      5. Sex Name F Zipporah AVERY Born: 2 Nov 1787 Place: Plainfield, , Ct

      This John was married twice his other marriage was as follows:

      Husband's Name John AVERY Born: 2 Jul 1762 Place: Stonington, , Ct Died: 1834 Place: Winfield, , Ny Married: 29 Sep 1803 Place: Simsbury, , Ct Father: John AVERY Mother: Anna MINER
      ---------------------------------
      Wife's Name Roxalena HUMPHREY (AFN:TF11-2B) Born: 4 Oct 1777 Place: Simsbury, , Ct Died: 23 Aug 1855 Place: Cassville, , Ny Married: 29 Sep 1803 Place: Simsbury, , Ct Father: Mother:
      ---------------------------------
      Children
      ---------------------------------
      1. Sex Name F Elizabeth Tracy AVERY Born: 5 Jan 1810 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      2. Sex Name M Thomas Henry AVERY Born: 23 Oct 1814 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      3. Sex Name M James Bruce AVERY Born: 30 Mar 1812 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      4. Sex Name M Zelotus William AVERY Born: 2 Apr 1819 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      5. Sex Name M Charles AVERY Born: 8 May 1807 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      6. Sex Name M Otis AVERY Born: 19 Aug 1808 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      7. Sex Name M Robert Bruce AVERY Born: 15 Sep 1804 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny Died: 23 Dec 1810 Place:
      ---------------------------------
      8. Sex Name F Eliza Ann Frances AVERY Born: 4 Nov 1815 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      9. Sex Name M Silas Dort AVERY Born: 4 Dec 1805 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny
      ---------------------------------
      10. Sex Name M Lucins AVERY Born: 25 Dec 1821 Place: Bridgewater, , Ny

      tresea_woody <tresea_woody@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      I'm new to this group and wanted to say hi to everyone.
      I am in need of some help on my Avery line. I have most of my down
      line of family but need help on my upline.
      John and Elizabeth Avery is my brick wall so to speak. I have no
      dates or places on them. I know that they came by way of NC-TN-MO-AR-
      TX.
      I do however have their children.
      They are:

      i. Lewis Avery (my line)married Serena Edwards

      b. 27 Dec 1974 in Craven County, North Carolina

      d. 06 Jun 1875 in Leasburg, Crawford County, Missouri

      ii. Mary Avery married ?

      b. 27 Nov 1798

      d. ?

      iii. Elisha Avery married Elizabeth White

      b. 13 Feb 1800 in North Carolina

      d. 11 Jun 1866 in Crawford County, Missouri

      I have more of my downline if needed. I am praying that someone
      knows this line and can fill in some blanks for me.

      Thanks for reading,
      Tresea

      Glenda

    • Glenda Riggs
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        I found a husband for Mary Avery

        Wife:
        Mary Avery

        Born: 1798, North Carolina
        Marriage: 1818, North Carolina

        *************************************************************************************************************

        Husband:
        Pleasant May

        Born: 1794, Anson, North Carolina
        Marriage: 1818, North Carolina

        Glenda

      • tresea_woody
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          Glenda,

          the only problem is that they only had these three children that we
          know of and the oldest was born in 1794 and the last one 1800.
          so the hunt is still on. :)

          thanks for looking
          tresea

          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Glenda Riggs