Re: surname/Freeland

  • brbrooks99
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2006
      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, serch34 <no_reply@...>
      wrote:
      "I can't find any place called Fluvanna, Va."

      Fluvanna is a county in Virginia not a city. The county seat is
      Palmyra. It is located in the central section and joins Albemarle on
      the southeast border.

      1840 Census Avon, Hartford Co. CT has Ozem with 1 male and 1 female
      under the age of 5, one male and 1 female aged 20-30.
      1850 has
      Ozem age 40, occupation Butcher 1810
      Evelina age 35 1815
      Maria age 16
      Angelina age 12
      Bradford age 10
      De_____ age 9 male
      Eunice age 7

      Is this yours, no Wm. Watson showing here, but there was a William
      Sperry age 11 living in the household of John Chidosy? in Avon.
      there may have been two Ozem Sperry in the same town, but if so, they
      didn't show up on the index.

      Your Sarah may have had another middle name that she used - unless
      she died after 1843 and he remarried, in which case that marriage
      should also be somewhere and would clarify this.
      These are the only Ozem Sperry families that show up

      BB

      > The basic's I have on Sarah Freeland , my ggg grandmother,mother's
      > side, 3rd wife of Ozem Sperry of Avon Ct. Born in Virgina, maybe
      > around 1818-1820 . She was brought to Avon Ct. from Virgina at age
      10-> 12 , by a Seth Tillotson (who was a neighbor of Ozem Sperry)to
      take > care of his children. She supposedly married Ozem , sometime
      in 1837, > but no record of her marriage could be found by either her
      daughter > Eunice who did a lot of research many years ago , nor by
      Isacc Victor > Sperry a cousin of my grandfather . She was his
      grandmother . Her > first child , my gg grandfather William Watson
      Spery , was born Jan 2 > 1838 in Unionville Ct. Ozem had been
      excommunicated from the Avon > congregational church sometime in 1837
      on charges of some kind of bad > behavior. , and there is no record
      of there haveing been married at > that church. Ancestry .com shows a
      Sarah Freeland born in Fluvanna,Va. > and listed as Ozem's wife , no
      imformation on her background. There is > a later Sarah Freeland
      listed as liveing in Fluvanna in the 1850 > census , long after my
      Sarah had died in Ct. Sarah was said to have
      any > Atlas maps I have ! ---------Kenny :-) (serch34@...)