Re: Taylor related? ----Your invited

  • ladyquadressus
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19 10:24 AM
      Hello Teb, All of my Taylor's decend from Samuel Taylor the first who
      was born in 1663 in Derbyshire, England. He fallowed William Penn to
      the New World where he and his family settled New Jersy. Some how we
      contect but don't ask me how :) *HUGS* Lady Q, and her Taylor Line.

      > It's still wonderful to check in with GenealogyChatFriends and to see
      > so many active members, still sharing information.
      >
      > My lineage runs back to James Taylor d 1698 Va.m 1st- Frances ____
      > (most say Walker) m 2nd-Mary Gregory. Mary bore James 8 children, the
      > youngest being John, b 1696, m. Catherine Pendleton. One of their
      > children, Edmund Taylor b 1732, was the father of Howell Taylor b 1754.
      >
      > Documents such as Biographical Sketches, Family Journals,
      > Correspondence, Genealogy, etc., has resulted in the publication of
      > three volumes of "THE TAYLOR'S OF TABERNACLE, The History of a
      > Family, " with Vol 111, which came out in 2004. Vol 1 and Vol 11 has
      > long been out, and it is my understanding that there are a few of Vol
      > 111 still available.
      >
      > All are in my family's possession, and perhaps some members here may
      > be looking for their connection to Rev. Howell Taylor b 1754 Va, and
      > his children, whose story is told of their move to finally settle in
      > West Tennessee. We shouldn't be surprised that he decided to go
      > pioneering at age 63!
      >
      > It is through these books and my own personal research, that I have
      > been blessed to share this information with others. If your TAYLOR
      > ancestor has reported in to the Kinsfolks Meeting, which started in
      > Tennessee in 1826 and continues annually in Brownsville, Haywood,
      > Tennessee.
      >
      > If your TAYLOR connection has chosen to keep camp meeting or reported
      > in, I have an index which I will be glad to check for you if you will
      > email me personally, and an invitation is extended to all members, to
      > check out,
      > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/taylorresearch
      >
      > Also, my location is SC Kentucky, near Casey, Adair, and Russell
      > counties, and have info and old photo's on many local families from
      > this area.
      >
      > Please acknowledge that you are a member of genealogychatfriends.
      >

      > teb

    • tebahann
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20 9:48 PM
        Mr. Samuel Taylor- The Filson Club in Louisville, Ky., has the
        actual diary (bound in leather) from Mr. Samuel Taylor of the 1700's.

        A new found friend was with me that day,when she saw the actual diary
        she was amazed.......Taylor's continue to amaze me...especially those
        Taylor's of Tabernacle in Brownsville, Haywood, Tenn.

        teb

        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "ladyquadressus"
        <lady_quadress@...> wrote:

        > Hello Teb, All of my Taylor's decend from Samuel Taylor the first
        who
        > was born in 1663 in Derbyshire, England. He fallowed William Penn to
        > the New World where he and his family settled New Jersy. Some how we
        > contect but don't ask me how :) *HUGS* Lady Q, and her Taylor Line.
        >
        > > It's still wonderful to check in with GenealogyChatFriends and to
        see
        > > so many active members, still sharing information.
        > >
        > > My lineage runs back to James Taylor d 1698 Va.m 1st- Frances ____
        > > (most say Walker) m 2nd-Mary Gregory. Mary bore James 8 children,
        the
        > > youngest being John, b 1696, m. Catherine Pendleton. One of their
        > > children, Edmund Taylor b 1732, was the father of Howell Taylor b
        1754.

        > > Documents such as Biographical Sketches, Family Journals,
        > > Correspondence, Genealogy, etc., has resulted in the publication
        of
        > > three volumes of "THE TAYLOR'S OF TABERNACLE, The History of a
        > > Family, " with Vol 111, which came out in 2004. Vol 1 and Vol 11
        has
        > > long been out, and it is my understanding that there are a few of
        Vol
        > > 111 still available.
        > >
        > > All are in my family's possession, and perhaps some members here
        may
        > > be looking for their connection to Rev. Howell Taylor b 1754 Va,
        and
        > > his children, whose story is told of their move to finally settle
        in
        > > West Tennessee. We shouldn't be surprised that he decided to go
        > > pioneering at age 63!
        > >
        > > It is through these books and my own personal research, that I
        have
        > > been blessed to share this information with others. If your
        TAYLOR
        > > ancestor has reported in to the Kinsfolks Meeting, which started
        in
        > > Tennessee in 1826 and continues annually in Brownsville, Haywood,
        > > Tennessee.
        > >
        > > If your TAYLOR connection has chosen to keep camp meeting or
        reported
        > > in, I have an index which I will be glad to check for you if you
        will
        > > email me personally, and an invitation is extended to all
        members, to
        > > check out,
        > > http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/taylorresearch
        > >
        > > Also, my location is SC Kentucky, near Casey, Adair, and Russell
        > > counties, and have info and old photo's on many local families
        from
        > > this area.
        > >
        > > Please acknowledge that you are a member of genealogychatfriends.
        > >

        > > teb

      • ladyquadressus
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21 2:23 AM
          Wow I would love to see it. Once I get the chance I will be updateing
          my family tree site. Once I do I will be making an announcement to the
          list and I will let you know also so you can see how we connect :)

        • tebahann
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
            --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, tebahann <no_reply@...>
            wrote:

            > Just to remind you--winter is the best time of yesr to check our
            messages and share information about our TAYLOR ancestors. Many of
            our members have located cousins and other family members that have
            long been out of touch.

            Check out your TAYLOR family!