anyone know a pro in Ohio?

  • trooooglin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      I have tried and tried to find the parents of my gggmother,
      Sarah Jane Webb, born in Fayette Co., Ohio probably between
      1829 and 1831
      I know what happened to her after that, followed her thru the 1880
      census.
      But I have tried everything in Fayette Co and also now in Ross
      county but no one has Sarah. I have found a Dr. John T. Webb, son of
      Isaac Webb who received considerable acreage in that area from
      military service. Dr. John had three children, but only Lucy, the
      youngest seems to be mentioned(since she married Rutherford B. Hayes).
      I am willing to pay someone for more detailed search if anyone knows
      a pro that includes that area in their itinerary.
    • patty mott

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
          Have you tried contacting Nancy who runs the Fayette County Genealogy
          Site? If not then I would suggest her to help you out. Here is her
          link to her site along with some more Fayette County Links that might
          be of some help to you also.

          Nancy's site
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohfayett/Welcome.html

          Fayette County Genealogy site

          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohfayett/FayetteCountyGS.html

          Fayette County Gen Web site

          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohfayet2/

          Also I did a family search for you also and here are some links for
          you to look at:

          Now at Family Search.org

          It list a Sarah Jane Webb and it names her parents; here is the link
          for that one.

          http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ancestorsearchresults.asp

          Roots Web search:

          http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

          Helm's Genealogy Tool Box:

          http://www.genealogytoolbox.com/GI_cat_people.cfm?CAT=125&parent=717&TID=AC3922C8-5004-A832-177362837658E4A4&t

          I also did a Google search for Webb Family trees and these might be of
          some help to you also

          Webb Genealogy Forum

          http://genforum.genealogy.com/webb/

          Webb Family Genealogy

          http://www.webbdeiss.org/webb/

          Webb Family Links

          http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/2298/webbcoat.html

          I hope I was of some help to you and if you have any problems with the
          Helm's link just copy and paste it in the box and it should work for
          you. Good Luck and *HUGS* Lady Q