Re: [genchatfriends] Tenn

  • Tammy Jernigan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 6:58 PM
      Hi I found these for you to check out.

      http://www.tngenweb.org/civilwar/csainf/csain28.htm

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~flebbe/surnames/rupert.html

      http://members.cox.net/jloman4/

      http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/KYBATH/1999-05/0925702885

      Happy Hunting

      TAMMY JERNIGAN

    • trooooglin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2006
        thanks panther(tammy) for the references on Tenn
        some I had already found but the one I hadn't mentioned
        the 28th was organized in 1861 but my ggggfather joined
        probably in 1802.
        I am still looking, trying to find the address for the Adj
        General of the state
        All the gen societies seem to be centered on a specific area,
        ie county, east, west etc. but I really don't know that
        criteria
        I am surprised there isn't more specifically for the military
        since it seems Tenn has historically been such a military state.

        thanks again
      • brbrooks99
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "trooooglin"
          <trooooglin@...> wrote:

          > thanks panther(tammy) for the references on Tenn > some I had already
          found but the one I hadn't mentioned> the 28th was organized in 1861
          but my ggggfather joined > probably in 1802.
          > I am still looking, trying to find the address for the Adj
          > General of the state> All the gen societies seem to be centered on a
          specific area,> ie county, east, west etc. but I really don't know that
          > criteria> I am surprised there isn't more specifically for the
          military> since it seems Tenn has historically been such a military
          state.

          Try using the TN State Archives at
          http://www.tennessee.gov/tsla/

          The East, Middle and West Grand Divisions of TN are very important in
          early TN research, and there is lots of information on TNGenWeb's main
          site.
          http://www.tngenweb.org/ regarding the state overall with maps and
          specifics, plus CW information, etc.

          Good luck