Hello

  • becky_b1960
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 27, 2006
      I just joined, and am researching the Ballard, Randolph,
      Clodfelter/Clodfelder, Stewart, and Grimes lines mostly.
    • Tammy
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 29, 2007
        Hi, i am looking for names on both my family and my husbands. I am
        looking for Wilcoxes in Iowa, also Haggard, Shipman, Shepherd,
        Farnsworth, Shank and Allen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Thank you.
      • jordan
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
          New to this group, but not new to genealogy. Just wanted to introduce
          myself. I'm Jordan. Army wife, mother to three, who I homeschool. My
          husband is currently serving in Iraq. His tour is over Oct. 2008. Look
          forward to working with and getting know you all.
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
            Welcome aboard, Jordan. And thank you for your sacrifice for this country. My daughter is also an Army Wife, whose hubby is about to be deployed to Iraq for a second tour.

            What names are you searching?

            Mine are: DEWDNEY, SEVIER, HERRING, RABBITTS, RILEY, DAVIS (DUNCAN), SHREEVES, COVER, PAYNE, BALABANOW.

            ~april

            "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
              Welcome, Jordan, and thank your hubby for us!
              What surnames with dates and locations are you researching?
              You can see mine here:
              http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/a/s/Marjorie-Casteel/index.html?Welcome=1040131499
              TNMarge
            • Georgia
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
                Welcome Jordan, I am new to this group and to genealogy. I hope everything goes well in your search and I would like to thank you and your husband for your sacrifice. My thoughts and prayers are with you both and with all of our troops.
                Georgia

                jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote: New to this group, but not new to genealogy. Just wanted to introduce
                myself. I'm Jordan. Army wife, mother to three, who I homeschool. My
                husband is currently serving in Iraq. His tour is over Oct. 2008. Look
                forward to working with and getting know you all.

              • jordan martin

                  New to this group, but not new to genealogy. Just wanted to introduce
                  myself. I'm Jordan. Army wife, mother to three, who I homeschool. My
                  husband is currently serving in Iraq. His tour is over Oct. 2008. Look
                  forward to working with and getting know you all.

                  I MISS MY HUSBAND SOOOO MUCH! JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  "IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM" ~ UNKNOWN

                  "IT'S BETTER TO BE HATED FOR WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR WHO YOU ARE NOT" ~ VAN ZANT

                  "NEVER BE BULLIED INTO SILENCE. NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE MADE A VICTIM. ACCEPT NO ONE'S DEFINITION OF YOUR LIFE, DEFINE YOURSELF!" ~ HARVEY FIERSTEIN

                • jordan martin
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
                    I am mainly interested in find the parents of Dollie Lawrence born 20 Jan 1903 Bells, Grayson Co., TX. died 3 Jan 1935 Savoy, Fannin co., TX. I can't find any info on her family. Her father's name might be Thomas Lawrence. I found a cencus with a Dollie Lawrence.
                    also
                    Ora Aline Peaks born ca. 1917 died 13 Jul 1943 harris co., tx. a few days after giving birth. It's like this woman never lived. those are my two brick walls.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
                        Jordan, is PEAKS the married name of Ora Aline?
                        Do you know her maiden name or have any other documentation on her besides
                        her death date?
                        Marge

                        >I am mainly interested in find the parents of Dollie Lawrence born 20 Jan
                        >1903 Bells, Grayson Co., TX. died 3 Jan 1935 Savoy, Fannin co., TX. I can't
                        >find any info on her family. Her father's name might be Thomas Lawrence. I
                        >found a cencus with a Dollie Lawrence.
                        > also
                        > Ora Aline Peaks born ca. 1917 died 13 Jul 1943 harris co., tx. a few
                        > days after giving birth. It's like this woman never lived. those are my
                        > two brick walls.
                      • jordan martin
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
                          Peaks is her maiden name. I have no info on her. I've been to the court houses in Harris and Cooke Co. (Cooke Co., TX the main county my hubby's family is from) she died when my hubby's grandmother was five. She told me her father would never talk about her or answer anyone's questions about her.

                          Marge <marcastn@...> wrote: Jordan, is PEAKS the married name of Ora Aline?
                          Do you know her maiden name or have any other documentation on her besides
                          her death date?
                          Marge

                          >I am mainly interested in find the parents of Dollie Lawrence born 20 Jan
                          >1903 Bells, Grayson Co., TX. died 3 Jan 1935 Savoy, Fannin co., TX. I can't
                          >find any info on her family. Her father's name might be Thomas Lawrence. I
                          >found a cencus with a Dollie Lawrence.
                          > also
                          > Ora Aline Peaks born ca. 1917 died 13 Jul 1943 harris co., tx. a few
                          > days after giving birth. It's like this woman never lived. those are my
                          > two brick walls.

                          I MISS MY HUSBAND SOOOO MUCH! JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          "IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM" ~ UNKNOWN

                          "IT'S BETTER TO BE HATED FOR WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR WHO YOU ARE NOT" ~ VAN ZANT

                          "NEVER BE BULLIED INTO SILENCE. NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE MADE A VICTIM. ACCEPT NO ONE'S DEFINITION OF YOUR LIFE, DEFINE YOURSELF!" ~ HARVEY FIERSTEIN

                        • Janie Thornley
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 25, 2008
                            Hi Jordon. I have a grandson in Takrit Iraq with the army

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 26, 2008
                              I found the birth record that probably resulted in her death:

                              Texas Department of Health
                              Bureau of Vital Statistics
                              Cycloe 01 through 99; 1943 Births Page 236

                              Name: William Dewitt Boaz
                              Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
                              Gender: Male
                              Birth County: 101 (Harris)
                              Father's Name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
                              Mother's Name: Ora Aline Peaks
                              Roll Number: 1943_0001

                              Other things found that *might* or might NOT relate:

                              On the 1930 Census for Texas, Cooke County, Gainesville, District 5, I found a James R Peaks (head) with a daughter aged 7. Ancestry transcribed the name as Ana, but looking at the actual image it could be Ora. Especially when I compare the the first letter to the way the census taker wrote "Odd Jobs". There was no wife listed on the census. Other's in his household: Lucille Adams (daughter age 19), Edward Adams (son-in-law age 35), Daniel E. Adams (grandson age 8/12), Beulah Peaks (daughter age 9) and Bruce Peaks (age 5).

                              I went back to the 1920 census for Texas, Cooke County, Gainesville Ward 3, District 32. James R. Peaks (age 50) is listed with wife Bonnie C (age 38), son DeWitt (age 11), daughter Nannie (age 8), daughter Sarah (age 4 6/12) and daughter Vila Barnes (age 15)

                              Since his sone is Dewitt and Ora's son's middle name is Dewitt, this logically fits. However, you would need to chase down proof--maybe wills, obituaries, marriage applications, etc.

                              According to ancestry Lucile Peaks (w/o Edward Adams) had another son, Benny Fred Adams on 7 Feb 1933. Maybe if you can find some ancesters of eitehr Daniel E. or Benny Fred Adams, they might know something about this Ana/Ora d/o James R. Peaks. It's a long shot, but, sometimes long shots play out.

                              I also found a tree for Lloyd Raymond Boaz that seems to be the same family: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?pid=-1921216395&tid=1559660. This tree lists him with 3 spouses: Ora A. Peahs with one child; Olive with one child and Jewel Glen with 6 children. This tree is by "pgarner135"

                              I also found birth records for Lloyd and wife that might be for Ora:

                              Charles Raymond Boaz birth date: 1 Nov 1940, Male, Grayson County, Father's Name: Lloyd R. Boaz, Mother's Name: Olive Peaks
                              Dorothy Jane Boaz birth date: 11 Dec 1938, Female, Cooke County, Father's Name: Lloyd R. Boaz, Mother's Name: Ora A. Peahs.

                              Martha

                            • jordan martin

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 26, 2008
                                  I found the Texas record of death also:

                                  Boaz, Mrs. Aline, Harris County, 7-13-43, certificate # 32767.

                                  Martha

                                  --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Martha Menzel
                                  <menzelgen@...> wrote:

                                  > I found the birth record that probably resulted in her death:
                                  >
                                  > Texas Department of Health
                                  > Bureau of Vital Statistics
                                  > Cycloe 01 through 99; 1943 Births Page 236
                                  >
                                  > Name: William Dewitt Boaz
                                  > Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
                                  > Gender: Male
                                  > Birth County: 101 (Harris)
                                  > Father's Name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
                                  > Mother's Name: Ora Aline Peaks
                                  > Roll Number: 1943_0001
                                  >
                                  > Other things found that *might* or might NOT relate:
                                  >
                                  > On the 1930 Census for Texas, Cooke County, Gainesville,
                                  District 5, I found a James R Peaks (head) with a daughter aged 7.
                                  Ancestry transcribed the name as Ana, but looking at the actual
                                  image it could be Ora. Especially when I compare the the first
                                  letter to the way the census taker wrote "Odd Jobs". There was no
                                  wife listed on the census. Other's in his household: Lucille Adams
                                  (daughter age 19), Edward Adams (son-in-law age 35), Daniel E. Adams
                                  (grandson age 8/12), Beulah Peaks (daughter age 9) and Bruce Peaks
                                  (age 5).

                                  > I went back to the 1920 census for Texas, Cooke County,
                                  Gainesville Ward 3, District 32. James R. Peaks (age 50) is
                                  listed with wife Bonnie C (age 38), son DeWitt (age 11), daughter
                                  Nannie (age 8), daughter Sarah (age 4 6/12) and daughter Vila Barnes
                                  (age 15)

                                  > Since his sone is Dewitt and Ora's son's middle name is Dewitt,
                                  this logically fits. However, you would need to chase down proof--
                                  maybe wills, obituaries, marriage applications, etc.

                                  > According to ancestry Lucile Peaks (w/o Edward Adams) had
                                  another son, Benny Fred Adams on 7 Feb 1933. Maybe if you can find
                                  some ancesters of eitehr Daniel E. or Benny Fred Adams, they might
                                  know something about this Ana/Ora d/o James R. Peaks. It's a long
                                  shot, but, sometimes long shots play out.

                                  > I also found a tree for Lloyd Raymond Boaz that seems to be the
                                  same family: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?pid=-
                                  1921216395&tid=1559660. This tree lists him with 3 spouses: Ora
                                  A. Peahs with one child; Olive with one child and Jewel Glen with 6
                                  children. This tree is by "pgarner135"

                                  > I also found birth records for Lloyd and wife that might be for
                                  Ora:

                                  > Charles Raymond Boaz birth date: 1 Nov 1940, Male, Grayson
                                  County, Father's Name: Lloyd R. Boaz, Mother's Name: Olive Peaks
                                  > Dorothy Jane Boaz birth date: 11 Dec 1938, Female, Cooke
                                  County, Father's Name: Lloyd R. Boaz, Mother's Name: Ora A. Peahs.

                                  > Martha

                                • James
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 5, 2008
                                    Hi Jordan!

                                    I have Martins from Conn, VA and Cal. I have Lawrences from Mass going
                                    back to Sir Robert Lawrence b mid to late 1100s.

                                    Thank you and everyone who is a service man or woman, their families
                                    and their friends. Thank you for making sure I and my wife can live in
                                    a free country.
                                    Jim
                                  • Stuart
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 18, 2008
                                      Hi to all

                                      I am reserching the gandy family from the wolverhampton area.

                                      Stuart
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 21, 2010
                                        Wow,

                                        No, I didn't know they stole my information, nor that they had a program within their program to further rape my computer!  I want my novel back.  That's just so messed up.