Re: [genchatfriends] May I say something?

  • joe labulis
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27, 2006
      I too have a Tribal Pages site and I do it for myself and those of my family who do care but theres always a handful that like to spoil it for the rest you need to foreget them and do for yourself and your own kids and those that do care

      sarika51862 <sarika51862@...> wrote: I have put together a Tribal Page site, a Family website and even a
      site at "My Family"
      I have found about twenty-four family members whom I have just made
      contact with after more than 25 years. I invited them to my sites and
      the "My Family" site has an area where people can share messages ands
      stories. Another area is for photos.
      Well I am about the only one who ever really participates. I add the
      photos; the messages and I do my best to bring these people together.
      But this person has a problem with that person and so on. Even though
      no one has seen the others for decades!!
      I know of five family members who keep promising to share old photos
      they have yet they don't do it. It's like the whole lot of them are
      these old selfish hermits who don't want to share. They want
      exclusive rights to the pics and in general seem to be self-centered.
      I have kept my cool and just continue on but I have put a lot of time
      and money into my sites and the people who seem to get the most out
      of it are non-related.
      I will have to pay to keep the My Family site going and I am not sure
      it is worth it at this point.
      I have done our family tree and my hopes were to also find missing
      family. I wanted to know who I was and where I came from. I have to
      say it has been one sad and regretful journey. I didn't know if
      anyone else experienced this or not. I guess I just wanted to share
      something here in the group of strangers who may be able to relate.
      Thank you for listening..
      Julie

      Visit Mom's Library
      http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

      ---------------------------------

      Joe

    • sherry NC boncek
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28, 2006
        Hi Debbie,
        Nice to hear from another mom! My son is near Summarri (sp). near Bagdad.
        But, the good news is he is coming home in about 17 days for r&r. be here 2
        wks and then back again to the front. He is in 101st Airborne Div. 3 Brigade
        187th. Rakkasans! Been there since Sept. Bless your heart that you have TWO
        going to be there. The good thing is tho, the communication is soooo much
        better now than past wars. He calls allot, emails, and even gets on Yahoo
        chat all the time. It really makes it nice. We don't worry as much I think.
        Sorry to bend your ear. lol.

        Sherry

        >From: SargentJustusSwedish <sargjustswede@...>
        >To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: SHERRY RE: [genchatfriends] May I say something?
        >Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:13:28 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >Hey , you hit it on the nutshell. I started doing my family research bout
        >6 months ago when out of work....also my father died and want to have this
        >for my kids and grands...
        >
        > My kids don't know much of my side of the family and now we have
        >discovered that my great grand parents were married 71 years before my
        >daughter was born....she thought that was cool....seems alot of the general
        >dates are the same or close to each other....down the line.
        >
        > I too have a son in Iraq and another going...
        >
        > debbie in sc
        >
        >sherry NC boncek <gtldy53@...> wrote:
        > Julie,
        >I am pretty much in the same boat as you. But, I am doing all of this for
        >my
        >kids, and their kids and ME, cause I enjoy it. Not for living relatives.
        >Now
        >that doesn't mean, they can't look at the sites. But, I am not paying for
        >sites, I also did a TribalPage, no charge. My daughter bought me the Family
        >Tree Maker package for my BD and the site came free with it.
        >Folks want to know the info but are really hesitant, don't want to make
        >time, don't find the time, to help. OR just being onery like yours and mine
        >are. If you have the passion for this searching stuff, then it really
        >doesn't matter who else sees it except you. Mark yourself happy, and then
        >just deal with the rest. My son is in Irag right now and is really into
        >"family", always has been. I guess, I am doing it for him too. But, as I
        >have said, do it for yourself, don't worry about them you can't change.
        >Just
        >try and gather the info you need for sites. Thats all you can do except be
        >happy and enjoy doing it.
        >
        >Sherry
        >Fellow researcher

      • sherry NC boncek
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 28, 2006
          My daughter I believe bought it Sams Club or something like it, and it was
          version FTM 2005. Collector's Edition. It didn't have TribalPage free,
          nothing to do with it, sorry I mislead you. BUT, it will allow you to have a
          free website on ancestor.com and it gave me 1 full year of research on many
          of the sites of ancestor.com. Ancestor didn't really want to give it to
          me,lol, but I am stubborn and asked and recieved them. Reason being, I had a
          free 15 trial with them within the year. It is a good site and I have found
          allot of info there. Not saying I won't pay for something, but for 3-4 years
          now, I haven't had too, and I have gotten as far back as 1801 in
          relationships. Good Hunting.
          Sherry

          >From: "Jacque Pearce Reynolds" <jacque_in_tx@...>
          >To: <genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: SHERRY RE: [genchatfriends] May I say something?
          >Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:44:03 -0600
          >

          > sherry NC boncek <gtldy53@...> wrote:
          > Julie,
          > I am pretty much in the same boat as you. But, I am doing all of this
          >for my
          > kids, and their kids and ME, cause I enjoy it. Not for living relatives.
          >Now
          > that doesn't mean, they can't look at the sites. But, I am not paying
          >for
          > sites, I also did a TribalPage, no charge. My daughter bought me the
          >Family
          > Tree Maker package for my BD and the site came free with it. I just got
          >the latest FTM and haven't really done much with it. Is is the Tribal Page
          >included with it and where would I find it. Thanks in advance. Jacque
          > Sherry
          > Fellow researcher

          > Visit Mom's Library
          >
          >http://www.genealogychatfriends.org<http://www.genealogychatfriends.org/>

          > Genealogy
          >chat<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+chat&w1=Genealogy+book&w2=Genealogy+chat&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+family+tree&c=4&s=89&.sig=v8xeLnNdyNCGGy8M0mkDbg>
          > Family
          >genealogy<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Genealogy+book&w2=Genealogy+chat&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+family+tree&c=4&s=89&.sig=-j22E9Ls7TTJVdo98NWUlg>
          > Genealogy family
          >tree<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy+book&w2=Genealogy+chat&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+family+tree&c=4&s=89&.sig=oztiFZeCyeEY0K6L_9PuhQ>

          >Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

        • Kent
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 28, 2006
            Hello members,

            For all of you who have done web pages, I would ask that you
            consider providing the links to your sites to me and I will add the
            links to Mom's Library.

            If you are unfamiliar with the Library, I encourage you to browse
            through it at http://www.genealogychatfriends.org It is the
            official club website hosted at Rootsweb. It's been awhile since I
            have added sites, although I think Marie may have done some updating.

            Please email me if you would like your web site added to the
            library. We can add a section on Tribal connections as I don't
            believe we have a category on that specifically yet.

            Send your links to me at kent.smith@..., or to
            webmaster@....

            Thanks!

            Kent (aka cub_2)