welcome Robin

  • trooooglin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      to this group, and congratulations on your long
      term interest in genealogy
      Seems you have the beginnings for a good start
      You might try a free trial of Ancestry.com(for about a week)
      and in that site there is a section on family--
      if you have your parents' names, etc. you can enter that
      info and their tracing will usually find the parents of
      those, and on an on until they no longer have any info
      I found my gggfather born in 1796 that way which I thought
      was a total brick wall.
      There are plenty of free sites, one main one is www.usgenweb.com
      which locates on an individual state, down to the county etc.,
      could be very helpful for you
      As well, www.rootsweb.com and www.familysearch.org are free sites as
      well, best of success on your search