New to the group

  • Valerie Cropsey
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 29, 2005
      I am new to the group and I just wanted to say hey to everyone!

      Thanks,
      Valerie
    • Jennifer Giltner
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 5, 2007
        Hi all I am new here and have been researching my family history since
        2001. I am stuck on two relatives; Riley Levi Harvey and Talitha Cumi
        Erwin(Irwin, Irvine, Ervin). We are not sure of her last names
        spelling. They were married in 1844 with her fathers consent in person,
        but I cannot find out who her parents or his for that matter. If anyone
        out there can help me it would be great. There is another Riley Levi
        Harvey out there that was born around the same time but has different
        parents, someone has managed to link my relatives to these parents but
        it is incorrect. Riley was born in Ohio, his father was born in
        Maryland and his mother was born in Delaware. Talitha along with her
        parents were born in Virginia. I have been able to locate one guy that
        was born in Maryland around the right time and died in Indiana which is
        where my relative was before he moved to Missouri. His name is Mandolet
        Harvey. All I can find on him is his death record. If anyone can help
        me further I would appreciate it.

        Thanks

        Jenny Giltner
      • tro_glin
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 5, 2007
          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Giltner"
          <JClark_168@...> wrote:

          > Hi all I am new here and have been researching my family history since
          > 2001. I am stuck on two relatives; Riley Levi Harvey and Talitha Cumi
          > Erwin(Irwin, Irvine, Ervin). We are not sure of her last names
          > spelling. They were married in 1844 with her fathers consent in person,
          > but I cannot find out who her parents or his for that matter. If anyone
          > out there can help me it would be great. There is another Riley Levi
          > Harvey out there that was born around the same time but has different
          > parents, someone has managed to link my relatives to these parents but
          > it is incorrect. Riley was born in Ohio, his father was born in
          > Maryland and his mother was born in Delaware. Talitha along with her
          > parents were born in Virginia. I have been able to locate one guy that
          > was born in Maryland around the right time and died in Indiana which is
          > where my relative was before he moved to Missouri. His name is Mandolet
          > Harvey. All I can find on him is his death record. If anyone can help
          > me further I would appreciate it.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Jenny Giltner

          I have some Harveys in my father's side, no Riley, and I have one
          Irwin, Beverly.
        • Stacey
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
            Riley was born in Ohio, his father was born in
            > Maryland and his mother was born in Delaware. Talitha along with her
            > parents were born in Virginia.

            Jenny, You gave us the places but not the dates. I would be happy to
            look if you can provide a little more information.
            Stacey

          • H. Marie Lindsey
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
              Stacey <zoerhenne@...> wrote: Riley was born in Ohio, his father was born in
              > Maryland and his mother was born in Delaware. Talitha along with her
              > parents were born in Virginia.

              Jenny, You gave us the places but not the dates. I would be happy to
              look if you can provide a little more information.
              Stacey

              thanks for the welcome stacey, however, I am not really a newbie
              and I think this message was meant for another searcher--I am not jenny

              __.thank_,_.___ Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
              Messages | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar
              Visit Mom's Library
              http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

              Recent Activity

              9
              New Members

              Visit Your Group

              Genealogy book
              Genealogy library
              Genealogy surname
              Surname genealogy
              Genealogy chat

              Y! GeoCities
              Be Interactive
              Create a conver-
              sation with blogs.

              Y! Toolbar
              Get it Free!
              easy 1-click access
              to your groups.

              Yahoo! Groups
              Start a group
              in 3 easy steps.
              Connect with others.

              .

            • c_lou152
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2007
                Hello my name is Cindy I am new to the group,have been doing some
                research om my husbands side of the family,is there anyome out there
                doing research on Knowles-Noles family?
              • Silent Dove
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 13, 2008
                  My name is Silent Dove and I thank you for letting me join. I have
                  doing research on my family for 12 years and loving every minute of
                  it. I am still hitting a few brick walls though. My surnames are:
                  Malone, Brannan, Griffin, Cowart, Patrick, Wheatley, (4)Williams lines,
                  McIlwain, Reed, Hayes, Rudder, Davidson. Thank you again, Silent Dove
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 14, 2008
                    Welcome aboard, Silent Dove!

                    ~april

                    "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

                  • sisdersmom@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 3 6:55 PM
                      Hi.......I'm a " Newbie" too.......
                      I've been working on a family tree for a few years now but have hit a stopping point.
                      I just can't seem to get a lead.
                      The names I'm looking for are:
                      Caskey
                      Hoots
                      Weeks
                      Eib

                      There are others but these are the main one I'm working on right now.
                      Some of the Caskey's were from Darke Co., Ohio, Washington Co., OH,
                      Eib were from Fayette Co, Ohio
                      Weeks = Arkansas
                      Hoots = Arkansas

                      Any help would be greatly appreciated..........     I do have a lead on the Caskey side
                      but the info in conflicting with what I have......so I need to check it out...........
                      Thanks,   Janice Caskey Miller

                    • Tina
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 4 10:35 AM
                        Hello I too am a newbie to the group. I have been researching mine and my husbands side of the family for about 2 years.

                        The names I am researching on my side is:
                        Charlson, Echols, Morris, Newberry, Burchim
                        Condit, Davis, Redmon, Robbins, Strawn

                        On my husbands side of the family:
                        Collins, Jones, Pyle, Plaster, Dykes, Williams, Isom, Ealy

                        Tina

                      • ddisaac
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 4 3:31 PM
                          Welcome to the group Janice.  I'm sure someone here can at least point you in the right direction to get the info you need.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 5 12:47 AM
                              Hi Tina and welcome to the group.
                              In your research, if you happen across the name Isaacks, Isaack, Isaacs or Isaac, please let me know.  The first one is the that's giving me the most trouble.
                              Patty

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 6 5:01 PM
                                Hi Tina, I also am searching for family?members by the name of Davis. My family is from Maryland on the Eastern Shore?namely Kent County, Md. and some members are from Baltimore Cty. If? this sounds familiar to you feel free to write to me if you want. Thanks, Jo