Re: [genchatfriends] Digest Number 725

  • MABW
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2005
      Renee,
      Thank you for responding. Maybe I am going about this the right way. I have Family Tree Maker and have already entered my grandparents and their children and their children, etc. All births, marriages, and deaths are currently up to date. Now I'm starting on ancestors and there are so many. Since every box has something different about each line, I've just started making piles. After I've gone through all boxes, then I'll take each surname and get it entered. Do you have a better suggestion? I'm so afraid I'm going to miss something. Last night I found my gggrandparents marriage license. And to think one family member wanted to throw all this in the trash!
      Margaret
      Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:58:48 -0600
      From: "MW" <mabw@...<mailto:mabw@...>>
      Subject: Newbie

      to me. Just recently I received a treasure trove of information and am a little overwhelmed.

    • Fran O'Brien
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2005
        Renee
        Sorry I have been down for two days. I am now back in full swing.
        Please be patient I have 30 e mails to go through
        Fran
        Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:32:43 -0000
        From: "Carla" <carlaspalz@...<mailto:carlaspalz@...>>
        Subject: Re: Family History

        Fran,

        Thanks so much!

        1.)How many names does this program hold?
        2.)I've recently started to input the people that are alive still. (I
        haven't connected with the internet yet.) I've read two different
        ways to do this. The first was to just put the word "Living" for the
        living people and their information. The second was to put in
        regualar info, name, birth date etc, etc and the program would just
        use the living instead of the real name. Does that make sense? Just
        let me know and if it doesn't I'll try to explain it again.

        Thanks
        Carla

        in two places --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com<mailto:genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com>, "Fran
        O'Brien" <fhobrien@v<mailto:fhobrien@v>...> wrote:

        > Carla
        > I have Family Tree 2006. What questions do you have?
        > Fran

        http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

        Genealogy family tree