Hi Everyone

  • Julia
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
      My name is Julie and I look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas.
      Is it safe to add a link to my surnames? I would love to connect with
      other family members. If the group allows it, I will add my genealogy
      sites in the link section.
      Blessings, Julia
    • Jeanne
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        Hello Everyone, Just thought I would introduce myself and say hello.
        :)

        My name is Jeanne, online I go by either Elyandra or Kitty in the
        grass and I got into genealogy about 1991 shortly before my paternal
        grandmother died. I remember this specifically because I remember
        being at her funeral and asking questions about the family history
        from people I had never seen before. I remember being saddened by
        the fact that I had not known them before my grandmother's death
        because she was very close mouth about her family. I have since
        worked on many of the surnames and individuals that I have found
        over the years and have placed most of them up on my webpage at
        rootsweb it needs a serious update but I have been busy researching
        anyway here is the address for my page:

        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~elyandra/index.html

        I am currently working on getting primary documents for my main
        surnames to prove all the information that I have collected on them.

        I am currently looking for documents for the Pickerell to Rader line
        back to the Revolutionary War era (Michael Rader) and have mainly
        found a proof for all the relationships except for 1 daughter
        (Mariah Rader) to her father (Joseph Rader) and all birth / death /
        marriages that are extant except for 3 death records which are being
        elusive.

        I am also working on proving my Odell to Wilcox to Robinson to
        Conant lines (grandmother>great grandmother>gr-gr-grandmother>gr-gr-
        gr-grandmother. This line goes back to conant's through the females
        of each generation to Charlotte Conant) which are supposed to go
        back to Frances Cooke who was on the Mayflower. I have a lot of the
        marriage records for them, but not much else. I may have a few death
        records on them and of course most of the census records, but a lot
        more work is needed.

        The surnames that I am currently working on are:

        MATERNAL: Pickerell / Pickrell (VA>WV), Odell / Odle (MD>WV), Dennis
        (VA>OH>WV), Wilcox (VA>WV), Sims (VA>WV), Winland / Windland /
        Windlandt (Germany>PA>WV>OH), Robinson (WV>OH>WV), Rader / Reader /
        Roder (Germany>PA>VA>WV), Conant (MA>NY>OH - descends from
        Mayflower's Frances Cooke)

        PATERNAL: Howell (NC>VA>KY>WV), Akers (VA>KY), Stratton (VA>KY),
        Burchett (VA>KY), Hall (VA>KY), Darby (OH>KY), Davis (VA>KY), Bevins
        (VA>KY)

        Other Surname I am interested in: Quick (Aunt's line mostly from
        Kanawha Co., WV)

        I have access to Heritage Quest, but I do not have home access to
        Ancestry. I did, but since I have Heritage quest, I do not need a
        lot of the census information at Ancestry.com so I let it go in
        favor of Heritage Quest. I figured, I can go to the library or the
        local LDS Center if I need something I can't find at Heritage quest
        very easily or I can only find at Ancestry.com. I am happy to be
        here and I hope to be of help in the future.

        I will begin posting my different Brickwalls later on next week. I
        only have the Pickerell ones typed up for submission and need to
        work on looking at what I need on the other lines.

        Kitty in the grass (aka Jeanne)