Re: [genchatfriends] welcome to the newbies

  • Tammy George
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2005
      Thanks so much for the great advice!
      Tammy

      trooooglin <trooooglin@...> wrote:
      great to have new people who are interested and keep coming
      back, someone here is always willing to help
      Re: memberships, if you check ancestry, genealogy etc. they
      have some free trials, or 14 days trials for not a lot of money
      ----bears checking into. I tried Ancestry for a month for $5.95
      (radio offer) and found quite a bit.
      First of all www.familysearch.org is the LDS site with millions
      of names, and both Ancestry and Genealogy as well as rootsweb
      belong to LDS. I would have a look at www.genealogybuff.com,just
      about everything is there, and the freebies are marked. Also, go
      to www.rootsweb.com, and there is a lot of free stuff there too
      that isn't flipped over to Ancestry.
      Might have a look at www.ancestralfindings.com, just another one
      I came across in some of my searches.