my wedding present

  • hapagirl1103
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      I am getting married on July 3 and have been working feverishly for
      the past 6 months. For our wedding I am going to give my fiance "Our
      Family Tree". I have been asking his family questions and posting
      messages on message boards...everywhere. Just today I had a major
      breakthrough and received 8 generations in a ged file from a very
      distant cousin I haven't even met. I've asked him politely not to
      spoil the surprise. My fiance thinks I'm working on my own
      genealogy. Since you guys have seen me through many brick walls in
      our time together I thought I would share the triumph with you as
      well. I would also like some feedback about the gift idea. I hope
      I'm not stepping on any toes by taking it upon myself.
    • randy bruyere
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        Congratulations on your Wedding...

        That is a great gift. I have been tracing my Family Tree for the past 14 years and I still to date have not been able to get past 1878. There are still a few lines on my great uncles' lines that I have not found. A genealogical Reference is a treasurable momentum that will last forever....

        Best wishes,

        Randy Bruyere

        hapagirl1103 <hapagirl@...> wrote:

        I am getting married on July 3 and have been working feverishly for
        the past 6 months. For our wedding I am going to give my fiance "Our
        Family Tree". I have been asking his family questions and posting
        messages on message boards...everywhere. Just today I had a major
        breakthrough and received 8 generations in a ged file from a very
        distant cousin I haven't even met. I've asked him politely not to
        spoil the surprise. My fiance thinks I'm working on my own
        genealogy. Since you guys have seen me through many brick walls in
        our time together I thought I would share the triumph with you as
        well. I would also like some feedback about the gift idea. I hope
        I'm not stepping on any toes by taking it upon myself.

        Visit Mom's Library
        http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

        Bruyere,Randy