hello -warning

  • vickyal_124
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hi been a while but today i recieved emails marked ritalace@...
      an Texasgranma@... neither came from these nice folks both had
      one of those w32 worms so be on the watch

      btw. miss everyone one day hope to be able to join in again
    • Kent.Smith@ll.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        Vicky,

        Thanks for alerting us. I will check moms computer tonight to see
        whats up with it and clean it if there is a problem.

        cub

        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, vickyal_124

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2004
          A follow up to my checking below....

          Mom's computer did not have a virus on it. It is possible someone
          with who had been to a page with mom and texas's emails on it has a
          virus. Viruses can go through a person's history and/or cached
          information and pick addresses from it. They can then forge the
          from address based on one of those.

          thanks