chat room

  • trooooglin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      you all may remember me a troglin(had to make some changes last summer
      which did not work) but I am a long time member and quite a few have
      mentioned using the chat room------when this group first started the
      chat room was well used and somehow we all lost track of it
      would be an excellent exchange of a common subject if we could just
      get back to using it again----lots better than the so called subject
      rooms
      And a great new year to old and new members, this is a good group
    • Rebakah Abrams
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
        Troglin
        I agree with you about the chat room. It needs to be used for genealogy and only for geneaology. hope to chat with you soon.
        Rebakah_abrams2000

        trooooglin <trooooglin@...> wrote:
        you all may remember me a troglin(had to make some changes last summer
        which did not work) but I am a long time member and quite a few have
        mentioned using the chat room------when this group first started the
        chat room was well used and somehow we all lost track of it
        would be an excellent exchange of a common subject if we could just
        get back to using it again----lots better than the so called subject
        rooms
        And a great new year to old and new members, this is a good group

        Visit Mom's Library
        http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

      • Bob Burns

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
            Hi again, In times past, the chat room has been used for many
            things. We will again. We Chat. We cuss and discuss genealogy, we
            have had classes in there, I have been talking to the other sponsors
            of this club and we are going to come back to it, and make it like it
            used to be.

            I am in Central Standard time, and I will make every attempt to be
            here at 7 pm this evening...Hope to see a lot of you there...
            Regena
          • the_kat43
            Message 5 of 9 , May 12, 2004
              There seems to not be many people going to the chat room. With gas
              prices so hi this is a great way to meet and talk with people without
              spending any money.
            • trooooglin
              Message 6 of 9 , May 26, 2005
                irish---see the list to the left, ie. messages, post, chat
                etc,, you click on Chat and will get to the room, if anyone
                is there--you can see there are scheduled chats on Wed and
                Sat when someone will be there
                Question-------for members
                Does anyone have a better place to get info on the 1840 census
                I am trying ancestry.com for a tril and can get that census
                up but it just lists people, have no connection that I can
                find to see if Jane Doe is related to John Doe
                This would be Ohio in 1840, hopefully I can finally connect
                my ggparents.
              • Fran O'Brien
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27, 2005
                  Troooglin
                  Let me check Geneaology .com. There are diffences in census information. Where in Ohio?
                  Fran