  • a6_driver
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2003
      Night of Thanksgiving

      TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING, I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
      I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.
      THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
      BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT
      TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
      THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
      SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
      AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
      I GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
      PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.
      I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
      'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
      I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
      WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
      BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
      HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

      MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
      MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
      MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
      MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS

      Happy Thanksgiving everyone