findind family

  • iwasfloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2003
      Hello, I am looking for any information on my families. The names are
      Hudspeth, Baker, and Goddard. Hudspeth and Baker are in Arkansas and
      Wayne Co., TN, Hiram Esias Baker, b.1809 in Wilkes Co.,NC. The
      Goddard part starts in Maryland, Missouri, and Kentucky. All times
      would have been about late 1700-now. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks so much. Lisa
    • Wayne Harrell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
        From: "iwasfloyd" <iwasfloyd@...>
        Date: 2003/09/28 Sun PM 10:30:11 EDT
        To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [genchatfriends] findind family
        Possible on the Baker surname might want to look in NC area of Edenton Chowen County as a Thomas Baker of Chowen bought two separate sections of land from one Francis Harrell (in 1731 deed) of Nansemond Co VA and (by 1734 deed) of Bertie Precinct (note at this time 1734 Bertie was still a part of the large NC Chowen Co but today Chowen has been cut down a lot to where it may be smallest in NC today but early on it all of northern area of NC along VA line thus the nearness to Nansemond Co VA and places like Albermarle Sound VA or old Albermarle County NC also Gates and Bertie NC and many of the upper counties of NC were part of Chowen early on. As in 1728 a survey of NC VA border gained for Chowen Co NC parts of land prior counted in Nansemond Co VA).

        Other surnames noted in these deeds are Parker and White as they either held land next to this sold or witnessed the sale. Believe these two sections bought by Thomas Baker were part of an original purchase by Francis Harrell in 1721 from a James Frye both in deed from Nansemond Co VA... 1731 and 1734 Deeds not clear on locations of land sold and have yet not seen the 1721 deed to see just what it might show me. Also the later 1734 deed has been confused by some based on sale date in 1734 and file date in 1735 to become two deeds but only found the three deeds in Edenton records prior to 1760... on Fransic Harrell... as he was who was searching for.

        Hope this some help...

        Wayne A Harrell
        Harrell Family House
        Looking for old Bones