MI Library Celebrates Family History Month

  • Shirl
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2003
      Recently I received the following information in a mailing and I
      thought I would share.

      The Michigan Library and Historical Center (in Lansing) has planned
      activities for the month of October that emphasize the importance of
      genealogy in preserving our sense of heritage and concept of home and
      family.

      Most of the activities are free. Topics for children, beginners and
      the advanced genealogical researcher.

      Details at www.michigan.gov/hal (about 2/3 of the way down the events
      list is a header for Family History Month Activities. October 2003.)

      I would be curious to hear about the workshops if anyone attends.
      Due to an upcoming surgery, I doubt that I will be able to make the
      trip this year.

      Also, if anyone is near Monroe, Michigan, the Ellis Reference Center
      (800-462-2050) is doing a series of workshops on Friday mornings at
      10:00 during the month of October. www.monroe.lib.mi.us

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Shirley
      "A Man is a bundle of relations, a knot of roots, whose flower is the
      world." - Emerson

      Untying the roots of the Lake, Atwell, Slinker, Whitlock, Miteff,
      Saubert and related families.
    • tjqxm77
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2003
        Thx for the info, I live near Monroe and will check events out there
        as well as in Lansing--- In
        genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Shirl" <shirley_mcd@y...>