[genchatfriends] Re: DNA testing...

  • a6_driver
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
      Carol,

      Don't group all Native Americans as Mongoloid, if you tell a
      Cherokee, Creek, Siminole or any number of other Eastern or
      Southwestern tribes that they are of Mongoloid decent and they might
      just smack you up side of the head. Only the central plains tribes
      will tell you they came from the North, which is where they would
      have come from if they crossed over from Asia.

      A^

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Carol Brooks
      <sbrooks@c...> wrote:
      > We Native Americans are of the Mongoloid race so will come out as
      of
      > Asian decent.I am not too thrilled with the DNA process.Someday
      they
      > may be able to tell on amount of genetic material but that is a
      long way
      > off.
    • marcastn
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2003
        Obviously I don't know anything about DNA or I would not have ask
        the first question! I agree about proving Native American bloodlines.
        I believe there would be few of us who have US ancestors back to late
        1700's, who would not have some Native American blood. The problem
        would still be to prove how, through whom, and how much!
        Marge