Re: [genchatfriends] New Member

  • Carol Brooks
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2003
      Here are some sites for software. Not sure what they cost,or if they do
      cost.I have not tested any of these so don't know how they work
      Carol
      http://www.le.ac.uk/emoha/training/equipment/software.html tnis has 2 free
      downloads.

      normajean1232003 wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I have been searching for my ancestors for the past year so I need
      > not tell you that I am still new at this. I do enjoy finding
      > information about my family history and it's made me realize how
      > important it is to document my parents and grandparents history
      > before it's too late. As hard as I have found it to track down info
      > on the past, we have to make it easy and available to future
      > generations.
      >
      > Has anyone done an oral history and do you know of any software
      > available to help. I already know about http://www.lifehistory.biz
      > Do you know of any other sites out there?
      >
      > Thanks for any help
      > nj
      >
      > Visit Mom's Library
      > http://www.genealogychatfriends.org

    • the_kat43
      Message 2 of 8 , May 18 7:29 PM
        Hello Kimberly, What Fox line are you doing? My
        Father was a Fox. I have conections to Albert Fox
        that marched with Shermans army in the civil war.

        I do not know his parents. Born 7/4/1846 married
        Henrietta Grow 10/5/1871 in Lind Minnesota

        Do you have anything on these Foxes?

        Kat

        --- Kimberly <chickybaby_81@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > My name is Kimberly i'm from IL. Researching the
        > names in mostly the
        > ararea of TN
        >
        > Claxton
        > Dancy
        > Bible
        > Shaver
        > Myrick
        > Edging
        > Carmack
        > Fox
        > Dawson
        >
        > A a million others lol. I have account with
        > Ansctory.com and i'm
        > willing to hepl out any way i can. If you need
        > somthing looked up feel
        > free to ask. I'm a geneolagy nut :-) lol
        >
        > Thanks

      • kim haynes
        Message 3 of 8 , May 18 8:52 PM
          Hello

          Yes that is in the same line as mine here is some of
          what i have on the line
          Albert F Fox ,
          Born - 7-4-1846 Erie City, Ohio
          Died - 3-2-1931 Crow Wing City MN
          Father - Charles Fox
          Mother - Elizabeth Toppen
          Married - Henrietta Grow - 10-5-1871 Lyon City Mn
          Henrietta Grow
          Born - 1-8-1855 Dodge City WI
          Died - 8-31-1938 St. Louis City MN
          Her Father - Alonzo Grow
          Her Mother - Leah Wheeler

          There Children:
          Clarence Merton Fox, b. 6 Oct 1872 in MN, Occupation:
          laborer on NY RR
          Gertrude Eloise Fox, b. 7 Oct 1875 in MN, d. in WY, m.
          Charles Kirby
          Oscar Raymond Fox, b. 1 Mar 1880 in MN, d. in MN
          Edna Estelle Fox, b. 1 Dec 1881 in MN, m. Lafayette
          Grow
          Bertha May Fox, b. 16 Jan 1884 in MN
          Florence Almira Fox, b. 11 Jul 1888 in MN, d. bef 1915
          Lydia Bernice Fox, b. 10 Jun 1891 in MN, m. Joseph
          Webber
          Frances Alberta Fox, b. 26 Aug 1893 in MN, m. Edwin
          Chalstrom

          I hope this helps if you need more just let me know
          :-)

          Kimberly

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
        • the_kat43
          Message 4 of 8 , May 21 8:19 PM
            Yes this is my line also Clerence is my great grand
            father, one of his sons was Roy Raymond Fox,
            my father was LeRoy Harry Fox. How are You related?

            KAthy

            Message 5 of 8 , May 21 8:42 PM
              Thank you. There were a couple of dates that I did
              not have. Crow Wing is a County in Minnesota. Albert
              Died In the City of Brainerd in the county of Crow
              Wing in Minnesota. I have a Copy of a news paper
              article that was written about him on the 5th day of
              March 1931. This was in conjunction with his obituary
              that was in the same paper.

              St. Louis is also a county in Minnesota.

              I believe my grandmother told me Henrietta died in
              Duluth which is in St Louis County. I will see if I
              can find my letter recount that she left.

              Maybe we can fill in some blanks for each other. Let
              me know if you have anything you need I may have it
              also.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 21 11:25 PM
                Caroline Fox is my grgr Grandma, her father was Ransom
                Fox. I just found this out the other day so i havn't
                had much time to really add the family in. I had a
                hard time getting my Gr grandma's madien name i was at
                a brick wall with her. I have been doing my mothers
                mom's side moslty and it so big. So far i have added
                6,000 people and plenty more to go :-)

                Kimberly

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • the_kat43
                Message 7 of 8 , May 24 5:32 PM
                  Would you like me to send you more of what I have? My
                  mothers family is very large also. my grandfather on
                  her side had 20 siblings. Very hard to get all the
                  info there also.

                  Both sides are very large. at one time I had around
                  15,000 names and my computer crashed.. I have a lot on
                  paper so won't be to hard to reconstruct when I get
                  the time again.

                  Let me know what you need or what you are stuck on I
                  may have an answer for you.

                  Kat

                • kim haynes
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 24 8:40 PM
                    Hello,

                    Any info that you have would be great. I just started
                    this side so i don't have much so anything you can
                    send would be great. Do you happen to have any Photos
                    of anyone?If not is ok. :-) Talk to you soon.

                    Kimberly