  • trog_lin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      gee rid, I thought ancestry.com was a good place, and I had planned to
      join them next summer mainly cause I want to be able to get into the
      census prior to the 1880 that I have to find my people.
      If you have time and are willing, I will pay you for lookups, to help
      defray the $80 to look for some of the people I cannot find in 1880.
      troglin@...< in case you want to respond.
      I believe a gene club in Carlsbad(a local city) has the ancestry
      membership, but since they meet only once a month, the chance of my
      using it to find those I am looking for are pretty scarce.
    • ridakm
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2003
        ---Thank you all. I still can't believe I did that. I am soooo
        careful about giving out my card number and even my name but I must
        have had a weak moment and signed up for the 14 day free then
        couldn't find anywhere to cancel it. Silly me thought they would
        just cancel it or get a hold of me when the 14 days were up. Trog
        lin I will do lookups for you for nothing..I couldn't charge anyone
        for them. I am going to call my card company and tell them not to
        pay it right away but I don't think it will do any good. Marie I
        also have thought of joining it but I just don't like the way they
        did this and I sure will never advise anyone to join. Oh well I
        guess w eall learn after awhile. Jan
        Some of my names are.... Carney, Chappelle, Loudon, Faas, Wissi,
        Wadsworth, Hatton, Sherman