Great grandfather: William Knapp

  • joey63us
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I've been trying to get some info on my ggrandfather - William
      Augusta Kanpp and/or his wife Lucille. Last known place of residence
      was in Villard, <innesota and had two kids (William Clare and
      Phyllis). But would like to know more about this gentleman. Can you
      help? Where should I look? Any help would be appreciated!!!

      Thanks,

      Kerri
    • marieclassof86
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
        I would start searching around in the location in which
        he was last known to live--Villard Minnesota (Pope Co).

        Check and see what is available for the time period in
        which they lived there. What area newspapers were in
        print during that time....and then search them for any
        news of key events death birth weddings etc. Also
        the libraries in that area can be a wonderful resource
        even if you don't live in the area you can write to them
        or email if they have an email address and let them know
        that you are researching that family. Check out the links
        below and hopefully they will be of use to you.
        You can work back and look at newspapers and what
        the libraries have available in any other areas in
        which they may have lived.
        Hope this helps
        --Marie

        Pope Co. MN Mailing List
        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/MN/pope.html

        Pope Co. Minnesota GenWeb
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~mnpope/genweb/index.html

        History of Pope Co. Cities and Townships
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~mnpope/history/histpope.html

        Minnesota Historical Society
        http://www.mnhs.org/

        Minnesota Public Libraries
        http://www.publiclibraries.com/minnesota.htm

        Minnesota Libraries
        http://www.metronet.lib.mn.us/mn/mn-lib.html

        Minnesota Newspaperlinks
        http://www.usnpl.com/mnnews.html

        --- In genealogychatfriends@y..., joey63us <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I've been trying to get some info on my ggrandfather - William
        > Augusta Kanpp and/or his wife Lucille. Last known place of
        residence was in Villard, Minnesota
      • joey63us
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2002
          Thanks Marie for the help, much appreciated!!!

          Kerri

          --- In genealogychatfriends@y..., "marieclassof86"