Re: I am new to the club. Workman

  • Aunt_Jay
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2002
      There is a site for marriages in Illinois up thru
      of marriage certificates for free. Some of the
      copies are not of the greatest quality but I have found
      some relatives birthplaces from them.<br>You could
      enter the grooms name as just Workman and it should
      give a list of the marriages in Illinois where the
      groom was a Workman. You can do the same with the
      bride.<br>I found Jacob C. Workman married to Ella May
      Blessing in Will County, Illinois on February 27, 1893
      License #00015195<br>You can check out the Workman name
      in <a href=http://www.familysearch.org target=new>http://www.familysearch.org</a> which is the site for
      the Latter Day Saints. There is a lot of good stuff
      in there. <br>While there you might want to check
      out the CDs they sell. I think they have a CD for the
      1880 census. Then you can check surname postings at
      genforum.com <br>Hope this helps. You can contact